LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Shivam Agrawal   16 February 2023

electricity bill recovery by court

In another house, there is an electricity meter in my name, which is being done by another person, that person is not paying the electricity bill.,Now the court man - Amin was with me, he said that the meter is your name, then you will have to pay the bill, whereas I have not lived there for 8 years.

Learning

4 Replies

anubhav Bhatt   16 February 2023

Dear Client challenge it before Court for more clarification you may contact us then I'll explain properly.
Advocate Anurag
High Court
Mobile 9198889990.

Mohammed Kutbuddin Vohra   16 February 2023

The other person is living on rent? or is it that you sold the property and he has not changed the name in Light bill?

please clarify for further assistance.
Regards,
M. K. Vohra & Associates,
Ahmedabad, Gujarat.
adv.mkvohra@gmail.com

Rama chary Rachakonda (Secunderabad/Highcourt practice watsapp no.9989324294 )     16 February 2023

Tenants are generally responsible for their own electrical bills so long as their lease agreement does not dictate otherwise. 

Sudhir Kumar, Advocate (Advocate)     20 February 2023

Disagreeing with above views.

While I agree with Mr Rachakonda that tenants are generally responsible for payment of electricity bill.  True that can be contractual agreement with landlord and tennant but not an agreement with electricity department/company. The electricity department / company does not recognise anyone else than registered owner.  Notwithstanding the queriest has stated nothing about existance of any tennant. He has also not commented upon the ownership of the property and has also not stated how meter was in his name.

He are lucky that other person is not caught stealing electricity and in such case there would be FIR against his as registered owner..

You have while putting this query not at all revelead as to

1. how you met the Amin 
  2. what happneded in betweeen non-payment of bill and your meeting with Amin.
  3. who was residing there.
  4. what was agreement with you and the person living there fopr electricity bill
  5. how was the person who resided was connected to you.
  6. whether the house is in your name if not in whose name.
  7. whether at all you applied for electricity connection
  8. how old is the default.
  9. whether connection is live or disconnectged.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register