Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

johny (analyst)     12 February 2014

Doubt on contested divorce

Dear All,

I am fighting contested divorce against my wife on the ground of "cruelty" and marriage has never been consummate . I am working outside India and I have three flats and my education , my skills and ability are exactly same  with my wife since our was love marriage since college days. And she was also working like me  outside India but she was on contractual payroll however I am on permanent payroll and few month back she was terminated but she was able to stay abroad for another 2 months because of my dependent visa but could not get the job and she was not staying with me and staying somewhere else in the same country outside India and court proceeding was going in parallel like I filed petition (jan 13) and she responded with written statement  (july 13) and I have replied with Rejoinder (Oct 13) and then it was proceed further and on this date I have submitted for Evidence affidavit (Jan 14) but lady's Advocate submitted Interim maintenance since she is jobless however it was very much planned because lad had asked high amount as permanent alimony and one flat  in Written statement itself in jul 13 and not she is seeking for interim maintenance because she is jobless and in interim maintenance she has mentioned all my financial details like

1. my flat details(properties)  2. my investments (SIP, shares, Holdings). 3. my income.

Can you please advise, can I gift my flats to any member of my family by initiating gift deed?

Would it make any impact/complications to the case that I am fighting now?

Thanks,

Johny...

your quick response on my question would be highly appreciated.

Learning

3 Replies

great india (manager)     13 February 2014

Gifting now a bad idea Rather sell it off....encash money and invest smwhr else where wife doesnt knw . Bcoz courts nowadys well aware of tips n tricks . She might get a stay order on ur self acquired properties or any temporary injunctions. Better sell off maybe to a relative trustworthy person at lower price to buy back at later stage

great india (manager)     13 February 2014

Gifting now a bad idea Rather sell it off....encash money and invest smwhr else where wife doesnt knw . Bcoz courts nowadys well aware of tips n tricks . She might get a stay order on ur self acquired properties or any temporary injunctions. Better sell off maybe to a relative trustworthy person at lower price to buy back at later stage

johny (analyst)     14 February 2014

First of all thanks for your response.

At this point of time, there is no stay on my property now so I can gift it to someone  .

later on if she get to know what she can does?

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register