LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Ashish Kumar Gupta (officer)     19 August 2010

documents required for transfer of property

I want to know the documents required for transfer of property from deceased father to son and the procedure.

If father had purchaged the land and registered it only of his two sons name what will do the third and last one.

Learning

5 Replies

adv. rajeev ( rajoo ) (practicing advocate)     19 August 2010

to get transfer the property in his name after the death of owner of the property the documents requires are:

1. Death certificate of the person

2. Survivors certificate issued by the Revenue authoritites

3. An appliction to enter the names of the legal heirs of the deceased

4. Property extract.

If the property is purchased by the father in the name of two sons then it is the absolute property of those two, It is necessary to know whether those two sons were having independent income to purchase that property.  If they were minors and had no independent income then third son has to go for suit for partition and seperate possession of his legitimate share.  He will have to prove the property purchased in the name of two sons is property purchased by the deceased father.

1 Like

Jebaraj Jasper Jacob (Advocate)     19 August 2010

i agree with the suggesstions made by Adv.Rajeev and will go by his advice.

R.Ranganathan (Advocate)     25 August 2010

yes. i agree with Rajeev.

Deekshitulu.V.S.R (B.Sc, B.L)     07 September 2010

Good Rajiv

ashishgandhi   30 May 2015

My father has a small property in delhi now he wants to sell out this to some other person for a consideration.now what to do what documents are required to be prepared? Capital Gain Tax impact? TDS ? all other? please provide me required information .

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register