LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

SUDIP MITRA (SYSTEM ADMINISTRATOR)     04 April 2023

Divorce suit

I have one divorce case pending in lower court.I stay at Bangalore due to job,which is 2000 km away from lower court.Each date I need to attend lower court for hiring.Judge is not allowing google meet.I am in big trouble.I dont have money for travelling in flight in each date.I will also not get keave from office for each date.Kindly help me.

Learning

6 Replies

Dr J C Vashista (Advocate)     05 April 2023

You will have to seek professional services of a local prudent lawyer where the case(s) are be proceeded.

You may move an application and seek leave of the court to attend virtual proceeding 

Real Soul.... (LEGAL)     05 April 2023

Why would you attend the court on every hearing, your advocate can do that. If you are directed by court to remain present on each hearing then you should file a Revision against that order and explain your situation  to High court.. Or Simply file a transfer petition and when the court hears that likely not allowing the petition then you will seek directions to let your advocate proceed in the case exempt yourself from personal appearance, besides you can seek directions for speedy disposal

T. Kalaiselvan, Advocate (Advocate)     05 April 2023

You can file a transfer petition before supreme court and get the case transferred to the place where you currently reside.

If your grounds are genuine, you may get the transfer 

Shakti Maan (lawyer at Supreme Court delhi 9650334626)     06 April 2023

In divorce case you are not required on every hearing... but your advocate should present on every hearing... at the time of you evidence you should be present on that day before the court... if your advocate is smart like me then you dont have to go court on each and every hearing/date.

Rama chary Rachakonda (Secunderabad/Highcourt practice watsapp no.9989324294 )     06 April 2023

You can apply for virtual hearing. Examination of witness via virtual mode does not affect rights of accused: Kerala High Court. The Court said that the purpose of the Electronic Video Linkage Rules for Courts (Kerala), 2021 is to allow virtual examination of witnesses who cannot be present physically.

SUDIP MITRA (SYSTEM ADMINISTRATOR)     16 April 2023

I have to attend court for evidence only.but one day court is remaining closed as someone died,some day opposition lawyer is not coming...thus i m attending every dates for evidence but not completed yet.its not possible for me to attend 2000 km after every one month as I require Rs 17000 almost to attend.I dont have any mire money to attend.Kindly help me.Judge us not allowing online appearance

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register