LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Amit Kumar   25 January 2024

divorce related

i asked my wife for mutual divorce but she is not giving therefore I have to fight for divorce as it has been 25 months out of which she lived 7 months only in sasural. while living together it was quarrelsome.

how can I give her divorce and how long it can take approximately to get divorce?

Learning

3 Replies

T. Kalaiselvan, Advocate (Advocate)     25 January 2024

If she is not agreeing for mutual consent divorce then you have no option than to file a contested divorce on the grounds of cruelty.

The time taken for disposal of the divorce case cannot be predicted.

Ramanathan G (Independent practice)     25 January 2024

"while living together it was quarrelsome": i will handle this part, to help prevent divorce.
only when any of you failed to do certain duty, the quarrel to commence. without discussing that point, decided divorce means, Sexual Disfunction. in India, there are unwritten 3 matrimonial offences:- (1) No right to have Sex. (2) Not permitted to demand s*x from wife. (3) If female, only right is to get pregnant and no other rights. I had observed, on the previous day of marriage, some boys get arrested in the company of Prostitute, and parents proudly announce that. but after marriage, he has no rights to the wife. thus quarrel commences. the Councillors, Judges fear to open this topic.
under such circumstances, please announce to a Councillor, to discuss on this IMPORTANT LIFE and later decide about Divorce. all the best.

Dr. J C Vashista (Advocate )     26 January 2024

If she do not agree for a mutual consent divorce you have the option to file a petition for divorce agaisnt your wife on either or multiple ground(s) as provided in law through a local prudent lawyer.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register