LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

shivani (housewife)     05 March 2018

Divorce:please help

Husband filed for a divorce. Mine was an arranged marriage.. allegation he made in his evidence by way of affidavit stating that before marriage i threatened him that i will commit a suicide & so out of pressure he married me.. although its not true& obviously husband won't be able to prove this..today was his cross-examine. So i asked him is it true that i threatened him.. on which he replied that yes its true. As per law everything gets recorded under cross examine. So am little scared.was it wrong on my part to ask him this?

Learning

6 Replies

Yes. Cruelty/desertion etc are his pleadings.. he has mentioned that he was pressurised by me for this marriage and suicide point is one of his allegaions.. so am scared will the judge grant him divorce on the basis of this point?

@ ramesh sir- can you please give a clarity how this point will help me or how will this point go against me?

Rama chary Rachakonda (Secunderabad/Highcourt practice watsapp no.9989324294 )     05 March 2018

There should be strong reasons for giving divorce. Your silly question and his reply is not consider as a point for divorce.

@ rama chary sir- okay.. thanks for your advice

Adv Radhika Mehta (Advocate)     06 March 2018

He may have said yes but if your Advocate cross-examines him wisely and he contradicts himself, this statement will have no value. Either ways, what transpires before marriage is immaterial and this statement can do him more harm than good.  Most importantly, this is not helping the grounds under which he is seeking Divorce so be assured. 

shivani (housewife)     06 March 2018

@ adv radhika- thank you for your proper advice.. you are right.. in between even the judge said that before marriage points won't matter.. however reality is that my husband's parents forced him for this marriage and i have enough proof for this.but now my husband is putting all the blames on me

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register