IF YOU TELL TRUTH - I MUST SUPPORT YOU.

BUT WHERE IS THE SCOPE?

Arup (UNEMPLOYED)     20 July 2010

" moreover this is a law forum.not a scientific forum "

SEE YOUR PAST POSTING IN THIS THREAD.

YOU RAISED THE QUESTION OF SCIENCE.

HOWEVER OK GOOD NIGHT TO YOU .

Bobby Mani T (Lawyer)     22 July 2010

Advice of Kamal Grover is the sensible adivce.  You want to shunn of from your liablitily to treat your wife who is terminably ill.  Do you expect your new wife to take care of you when you are ill terminally.  If you do, it is your reciprockal duty to take care of your wife now.

honest jai12 (NA)     22 July 2010

Thanks for the advise...also thank god that such opinions did not have a say in era of Rajaram mohan roy when sati system was abolished..else such dreaded practise would have been still existing in todays world...also if your logic is followed; a widow should never get remarried since her husbands soul may cry...

i think it is high time few facts are understood (which may give you a chance to feel ashamed for espressing such opinions):

- financially; the wife will be taken care of (despite of the husband having spent all his savings which he had earned for buying a house)

- the wife is being given 24 hour observation by 2 personal caretakers who comes in two separate shifts to ensure that she is in comfort (this is despite of the husband travelling by bus and auto; avoiding to buy a car which otherwise he can easily afford). This is only an example of his very small sacrefice...This care will continue in future...

- wife will never ever understand that she was divorsed. even if a miracle of miracle happens (what you call rarest of rare miracle). After 3 years of coma the best of best outcome could be just a slight understanding of surrounding and there is no chance that she will understand complex things like her marriage, her clild, her husband, etc. complete awareness after such prolonged coma happens only in movies and TV serials. please search internet for confirmation on this.

- by the husband getting remarried the wife is not going to suffer in any way...but the following people will definately suffer  viz the child (who has started feeling that some thing is seriously missing in his life), the mother-inlaw of the wife (who is a senior citizen and is just worried that what will happen to the child after her passing away), the husband (who spends a lot of time thinking about what will happen to the child and to his mother and father in difficult situation. Also husband is tied to one place not able to travel or take liberty of working for long hours since the child needs his attention. This has and will impact his professional development in competitive world where people are putting their 110% on work and further the husband may not be able to give the comfort to the comatos wife and his remaining family in long term if he doesnot grow professionally.

by getting remarried there is no guarantee that the family problems will be solved. infact problems may aggrevate with a wrong person entering the family.  but it is definately worth trying for the family to settle down after keeping a clear conscience that the comatose wife's comfort wont be compromised...

Shri Bobby Mani T, Shri Grover and Ms. Aishwariya could you pleas advise me on even a single person in this entire episode who is benefiting by following your advise of husband not getting remarried?

1 Like

Arup (UNEMPLOYED)     01 September 2010

Here is a similar thread. Interested persons must read

Family Law > is thinking of divorce a sin?    

Rajagopal   15 January 2016

Dear Mr.Jai My wife too met with an accident and in vegetable state for the past 8 years.your judgement details can give me my life.Can you please please please help.reach me directly at 07259917234

Dear Mr.Jai My wife too met with an accident and in vegetable state for the past 8 years.your judgement details can give me my life.Can you please please please help.reach me directly at 07259917234

Can any other lawyer also please help Am ready to take professional help please.

Can any other lawyer also please help Am ready to take professional help please.

Roshni B.. (For justice and dignity)     16 January 2016

if marriages start breaking due to wife's incurable diseases,then it's almost equal to live in relations where no committment is required.they are broken once the benefits stop coming from your partner.

on one hand courts make it mandatory that all the 7 pheras are done,so that a marriage is deemed "completed".it's noteworthy that one of the pheras compulsarily includes oath"i will stand by my partner in all happy and sad situations"(that may include ill health too)

on the other hand,these very courts contradict themselves when they formulate laws that wife's incurable disease is a ground for divorce.within these laws,they completely ignore this "oath" part !

now,since these courts are playing double,confusing games for the society,they need to clarify which is the correct stand..

if each of the 7 pheras is important,then they must do away with the rule which allows the spouse of an ill partner to get a divorce.

however,if they still want to continue with this divorce rue,then they must bring following changes: 

1.allow live in relations to people who look for convenience in a relationship.once the benefits stop,he can easily walk out without  bitterness from partner.

2. permit marriage only to serious committed people who give an undertaking legally that they will live with the partner forever under all circumstances except under adultery or death.

@the author...my advice to you is not to remarry...

so,after you divorce your  wife,go for a live in relation with an unmarried girl who's just like you.so,once benefits from the partner stop coming,you can  separate on amicable grounds..

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register