Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Mamtha Surender   20 March 2024

Divorce cost in chennai 6 lacs

Dear All,

My sister filed a complaint against her husband for dowry and domestic violence in police station. She wants divorce. It's been only 3 months of marriage. And she returned back home. We are in chennai but her husband is from Bangalore. Initially none of the police station accepted our complaint stating that complaint should be filed in Bangalore only. After giving some bribe of 15k they accepted the complaint in Chennai and gave us CSR Copy. Now the Advocate wants us to pay 6 Lakhs stating that he will relieve us and get divorce within 3 months. Already 2 counseling session was over in police station. The advocate said based on 3 counseling session at station I will directly take it to judge and get it a divorce decree. But I'm confused whether it's possible and 6 lakhs is a hefty amount. Already we are paying marriage loan. I'm confused, please help and advise 🙏

Learning

3 Replies

T. Kalaiselvan, Advocate (Advocate)     20 March 2024

The advocate seems to be misguiding you.

Better change the lawyer.

Firstly you cannot file a divorce case in court before completion of one year of marriage.

Secondly, the lawyer cannot take this case directly to judge to get divorce, no court or judge will entertain.

Next thing, this is an exorbitant fee demanded by advocate for this, once you pay him, then it will be difficult to even contact him after that.

Better avoid such unscrupulous persons.

1 Like

Real Soul.... (LEGAL)     20 March 2024

He is lying, divorce cases never settle in more than a year and then appeal and other things. Only mutual divorce can settle within 6 to 12 months,. Your advocate is folling you, Don pay him and change to a resonable laywer. Meanwhile press the cases under FIR and make them get arrested including the family memebers , then only you can pressurize him to consent for divorce

Shashi Dhara   20 March 2024

She can file suit for maintenance against her husband and after that she can divorce him.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register