LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

manjunath (officer)     29 November 2013

Divorce before on year

Please any one can help how to take divorce before one year of marriage. my marriage date is 3rd June 2013 after marriage immediately girl said i am not interested and I have married because of my parent I don’t want any relation with you and will not stay with you, we don’t have any physical relationship also i am depressed due to this without reason she is giving allots of torture i am frustrated and i don’t know what to do but she written and given that you can marry another girl will not come in your life again due to I want to lead my life hence I can’t continue as wife to you.

Learning

8 Replies

Pooja Hegde R. (Advocate)     29 November 2013

You can call me for consultation on 8892562298

adv. rajeev ( rajoo ) (practicing advocate)     29 November 2013

Both can file consent divorce petition.

(Guest)

Hello Manjunath.

In a series of judgments, the Court on being satisfied on certain grounds have allowed for the marriage to dissolve before a lapse of an year being passed from the date of marriage. In such cases, divorce by mutual consent needs to be filed. An essential reason for exemption for filing a divorce by mutual consent prior to expiry of one year after the marriage that the plea for mutual consent is not under coercion/intimidation or undue influence and there are no chances of reconciliation and the parties have fully understood the impact and effect of the divorce by mutual consent, the continuance of such a marriage is bound to cause undue hardship to the spouses.

The other relevant considerations which may be considered for granting the exemption from passage of one year before filing a petition for divorce by mutual consent are:

(a) the maturity and the comprehension of the spouses;

(b) absence of coercion/intimidation/undue influence;

(c) the duration of the marriage sought to be dissolved;

(d) absence of any possibility of reconciliation;

(e) lack of frivolity;

(f) lack of misrepresentation or concealment;

(g) the age of the spouses and the deleterious effect of the continuance of a sterile marriage on the prospects of re-marriage of the parties.

A petition for divorce by mutual consent can be presented before the expiry of one (1) year of the marriage so long it is not under coercion or intimidation or undue influence, there are no chances of reconciliation and the parties have fully understood the impact and effect of the divorce by mutual consent with the continuation of marriage bound to cause undue hardship to the spouses.

–Regards,

Advocate Pooja;

www.lawkonect.com

Adv. Chandrasekhar (Advocate)     02 December 2013

Have a discussion with her and if agrees go for nullity decree on the ground of "forceful marriage" or "nonconsumation of marriage due to respondent's impotency".  But, in most of the cases, second ground is not acceptable to the parties and as it reflects in decree, it may have long term harmful effects.  So, try to convince her on the first ground.

kartik (student)     02 December 2013

Originally posted by : Adv. Chandrasekhar

Have a discussion with her and if agrees go for nullity decree on the ground of "forceful marriage" or "nonconsumation of marriage due to respondent's impotency".  But, in most of the cases, second ground is not acceptable to the parties and as it reflects in decree, it may have long term harmful effects.  So, try to convince her on the first ground.

How mnany years it will take to pass decree if they file petition on first ground?

(Guest)

Hello Kartik

For a decree of nullity to be granted on the ground of ‘forceful marriage’, there is no fixed time as such.

The time taken depends on the co-operation from the other party. 

-Regards

Advocate Pooja

www.lawkonect.com

manjunath (officer)     03 December 2013

Thanks to all, Pooja Madam till Monday they said they will come and sign for MC D but today I came to know that they were playing because her aunty told me that she will not sign for the MCD so what is next.

can I file for nullity to be granted on the ground of forceful marriage,

or they want to demand for money even they know I am very poor from financial side. why they are making like this even my salary is only 15k

Please help me madam, Thanks a lot for your information.

(Guest)

Hello Manjunath.

If the other party has refused to come forward and sign for the MCD, you may approach the Court for passing a decree declaring the nullity of the marriage. However, as it has already been stated, the time taken for the Court to grant a decree of nullity on the ground of ‘forceful marriage’, there is no fixed time period as such. The time taken would depend on the cooperation from the other party. You can file for divorce on the ground of willful non –consummation of marriage, and other grounds, which you have stated as ‘torture’, which can be interpreted as cruelty.

Also, do not meet the unreasonable demands/ it usually does not help. It will rob you of your hard-earned money that you need to spend on lawyers later. If you still need to pay them money, pay it as an explicit loan and only by cheque so that you have a record of the transaction. However, it is strongly advised that you do not meet their demands, as they have gone back on their words once (by not signing the MCD) and there is no reason as to why they will not repeat their actions. 

You should consult an expert in this regard. You can call me at 09555 507 507 or send me a mail at info@lawkonect.com

-Regards

Advocate Pooja

www.lawkonect.com

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register