Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Rajeev Kumar (Professioanl Social worker)     10 October 2009

discrimination of payment on same designation

Dear all

I am working as research assistant in a research project funded by CCRH new delhi, i am being paid 10000 per month. While other research assistant in other research project funded by same CCRH are paid more salary.

higher authorities had verbally assured that my salary will be hiked and will  be as per research assistant in other research project funded by  ICMR new delhi

but later authorities declined that my salry will not be hiked.

here my queries are:

1.  whether there is  any law that determine the salary of  employee according to  his/her qualification?

2. whether there is any law that determine the  salary of staff of same designation  with same nature of work and same qualification ?

3. Whether there is  any law that ensure the paid leave ( emergency and casaul  leave)apart from public holiday and Sundays? if any organization doesn't grant such leave then  there is some legal against it?

4. in 6th pay  commission,  every  government employee and even contract employee in government sector enjoys hiked  salary. Whether employee of research project funded by government can enjoy such privilege? Is there any law related to it?

Learning

3 Replies

PJANARDHANA REDDY (ADVOCATE & DIRECTOR)     17 October 2009

SONI JI,

PLEASE TRY TO SEND YOUR ENTIRE CASE.

PJANARDHANA REDDY (ADVOCATE & DIRECTOR)     18 October 2009

translate to english and send email to ponaka2008@gmail.com

Ashish Ovalekar (Manager Legal & Compliance)     21 October 2009

Dear Ranjeev,

It totally depends where you work, and what are the terms and conditions of your appointment letter. If you are working in a Non Government Company / private company, then the Pay Package is based upon your negotiation at the time of entry into the said Company.

But if you are in a government organisation, the payscale is guided by rules and regulations of the organisation, and you can claim the same, on the basis of the principle of "Equal Pay for Equal Work".

Collect all documentary evidence , of the persons working in the same designation and doing the same kind of work which you are doing.

Since you are in the Government Organisation, you can file a Writ Petition in the High Court, claiming parity of pay, on account of equal pay for equal work.

Ashish 

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register