LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

NATARAJAN IYER (Proprietor)     11 June 2017

Direct speech with your Advocate

This was a good one-liner I heard from a senior advocate, a few minutes ago at his office. His junior had been given a file of a criminal case where the client, a victim, had approached them for a full-fledged legal assistance, beginning with a PCR. The junior advocate started advising the client about human values, the need to forgive and forget and MOVE ON,...etc. This went on for close to twenty minutes. The senior advocate called him into his cabin and asked him what he was doing so long when he had all the facts and circumstances needed for a pleading to be drafted. The junior advocate replied " Sir, I was advising him about the futility of litigation in a matter which can as well be forgiven and forgotten ". The senior advocate gave a beautiful reply " Mister Advocate, my client has NOT come here for PHILOSOPHY. He has come here to know and understand his LEGAL OPTIONS, the methods of exercising those options and understand the risks involved and ways to tackle those risks " If he wanted philosophy, he would have gone to some ashram or his family elsewhere. It is his LEGALLY ENTITLED OPTIONS that he wants to exercise and hence he has come here to this law firm, where we FACILITATE the enablement of his legal options. You wanted to go home early today, is it not ? Leave. Send the client to me. I will take care. " As I sat there, I said to himself " Yes, that is a beautiful statement and so meaningful. If I want philosophy, why would I come to a law firm ? I need to know my legal options and exercise them. That is EXACTLY the reason for investing my time, money and energy in approaching an advocate. So, this should be the mind-set when you visit an advocate's law firm. " I WANT TO KNOW WHAT MY LEGAL OPTIONS ARE along with the RISKS involved and ways to TACKLE those risks ".

Learning

15 Replies

Rama chary Rachakonda (Secunderabad/Highcourt practice watsapp no.9989324294 )     11 June 2017

Many lawyers don't get new clients and files because they don't do enough business development activities, or they waste time on the wrong activities or services, or they don't authentically connect with potential clients.

Santhosh   11 June 2017

Hi sir..... m santhosh living in bangalore

Santhosh   11 June 2017

sir i want to talk to you personally ....... Its regarding my love marriage...... There are problem in my marriage

Santhosh   11 June 2017

I hope ..... That u can save me and her from this prob ..... so please suggest me what i hv to do now......

Santhosh   11 June 2017

This is my personal number-9738508363

List the facts as they are, in TRUTH and PM me. I am NOT a big man, but with whatever abilities God has gifted me with, I shall see how and what I can suggest.

Santhosh   11 June 2017

past 6 to 7 months ago...... her mom started talking abt her marriage...... but she din agree.... n thy wer quite..... but again her mom was telling to marry her brothers son...... at tht time v both wer in relationship..... so v decided tht if this prob continues v ll gv birth to a baby..... after tht v went through tht..... tht was the big mistake v both did...... n recently before 2 weeks got to knw..... n she called me n screwed me..... and she sent her to native n got aborted...... but now her mom silent..... n she telling my life partner to marry her brothers son...... but she is not ready...... she is talking to me in a new num..... none of them in her family knows tht she is talking to me.... and no 1 knows this cinario....... except her mom n grandma..... now she is ready to come with me..... but i ll complete 20 if this oct 14 come..... n she is 22 at present

Santhosh   11 June 2017

her mom called me through phone

Santhosh   11 June 2017

n my family knows this..... i told each n everything after this happened...... they are not ready to come n talk because m not still 21..... if v get a certificate of marriage registered legally......i think it may help me.....

Santhosh   11 June 2017

so plz m requesting ...... suggest me tht v both live togeather n lead our life challenging...... by solving this peacefully

Kumar Doab (FIN)     11 June 2017

That’s right Mr. NATARAJAN IYER

Kumar Doab (FIN)     11 June 2017

The client should not hesitate and should ask his/her lawyer/law firm……………….as you have captioned……………………What are the options and merits  in each option along with the RISKS involved and ways to TACKLE those risks.

Listen carefully to your counsel and memorize and follow up regularly. 

Santhosh   11 June 2017

so can u plz tell me wat i hv to do now....

@santosh You are 20 she is 22. You impregnated her. Now her mother wants to make her cousin the scapegoat. Hmmm...what to tell you ? What to tell that girl ? What to tell her mother ? There is NO CULTURE in either of you. All three of you are same wine in different bottles. When there is NO CULTURE, there is no use of advising in relation to the law of the land. All three of you have entered the FIRE ZONE of the law of nature ( God's Court ). I do not have any advise for you since your case is in God's court and not country's court.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register