LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Harish (Manager)     20 February 2014

Deletion of opponents / respondents names

I am fighting a case in a consumer forum and I have 4 Opponents / Respondents names in my original complaint.  Two of which not now much in a scope , they have been included intially as they are part of series of incidences that happen , both of them never appeared too. Now I want to request deletion of their name from the complaint , so as to speed up the trial (as absence of them otherwise creates a reason for delay  / postponing the hearings). But before that I want to understand the possible consequences of doing that like -

1) How it will impact me ? in my favour  or against ?

2)what extra things I need to take care before doing that ? Do I need to send copy of my request for deletion to all opponents again and need to submit proof of that ?

3) How it will impact the remaining opposite parties ? in their favour  or against ?

4) How it impact the hearing in terms of speeding up the trial ?

Please help . I will be available to answer any clarifications if you have.

Learning

1 Replies

Dr. MPS RAMANI Ph.D.[Tech.] (Scientist/Engineer)     21 February 2014

You apply to the Forum, where you have filed the complaint,  praying for deletion of the parties whom you want to be deleted giving adequate reasons for the same. You deliver your request at the Office of the Forum by post courier or hand delivery. Again at the next hearing of the Complaint you present a copy along with the acknowledgement received from the Forum Office. Also make an oral presentation of the same. If the Forum is satisfied they will accept your request. Whether it will delay or expedite the case will depend on the case and its details.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register