LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

shobana   17 October 2015

Delay in getting court order

A property case lodged by my uncle on my mother has concluded and got disposed an year back on 6/1/2014 in the Pincipal district court of erode, Tamilnadu in which the case got disposed in my uncle's favor.

It's been more than a year and half and we still have'nt recieved the original judegement order from the court. We have asked our advocate numerous times but he tells us it'll come by next week and has been saying the same thing ever since.

One of my police friends told me that the original judgement order would reach the advocate from 60-90 days once the judgement is passed and told me that the advocate is giving it to us on purpose.

I wanna know what are the disadvantages of not having the original judgement in hand?

And how to get it from the advocate ,is there anyway to complaint to the court about the advocate's behavior?

And I came to know that an appeal to the high court should be filed within 6 months or so. Since we needed the original judgement we didn't proceed to filing an appeal on the high court. Can we file an appeal even after the minimum days required to file an appeal?

If so ,plz let me know the procedure regarding this in an eloborate manner since our advocate is really not answering our basic questions in a proper manner. 

If its possible for a party to file an appeal in the high court without the help of an advocate ,please let me know, it will be of great help to us

Thank you

Learning

2 Replies

Rama chary Rachakonda (Secunderabad/Highcourt practice watsapp no.9989324294 )     17 October 2015

Time limit is 60 days for appeal to High court. 

No court provide judgment copy unless the same is asked for in writing in proper format (copy application) by the litigant. If the order is uploaded in website the party can have a look at it but the print of the same has no authenticity.
So in other words to get it you have to apply for its certified copy of payment of necessary charges.

T. Kalaiselvan, Advocate (Advocate)     21 October 2015

The petition of appeal before High Court have to be presented within sixty days from the date of judgement. But in computing the period of limitation, time spent in obtaining a certified copy of the judgement excluded.

You have repeated the same query in another thread too, you may visit that thread for knowing more answers. 

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register