Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Rahul (employee)     23 October 2013

Defamation against wife

Sir

I got married in 2010 my wife stayed only for 6 months and left my home after that, for one year nothing happened

after 1.5 yrs she filed 125 stating all false alligation against me one of the aligation is that i have extramarital affair with my coleage and she stays with me, she wrote her name and phone number in petition

This statement is completely false and baseless, she got her name and number from my mobile

On consulting lawyers i filed RCR Section 9, to which she did not turned up and not received notice till date.

Court has ordered intrim maintenance to her

Now she has filed DV against me

i am thinking of filing criminal defamation case against my wife as she have stated false aligation on my character

my lawyer says it can be done

I want your expert advice will this defamation case help me in any ways

and secondly as my wife is getting maintenace through 125 will she get maintenance from DV also

Regardsahul

Regards

Rahul

Learning

11 Replies

Rama chary Rachakonda (Secunderabad/Highcourt practice watsapp no.9989324294 )     23 October 2013

Courts regarding the Courts regarding the law of Libel are not applicable when considering a case ofdefamation under the Indian Penal Code

The question arises whether in an action for defamation under Section 500 I. P. C., it is necessary that the actual statements containing the words alleged to have been used by the accused must be before the court or whether it is enough that the statements alleged to have been made are substantially reproduced in the complaint law of Libel are not applicable when considering a case ofdefamation under the Indian Penal Code. 

(Guest)

You cannot file but your colleague can file.

(Guest)

Contact your colleague, liase and then ask her to file a defamation case against your wife.

Prashant Ghai (Advocate) (PrashantGhai.com)     23 October 2013

@Rahul:

What is the court's opinion on the extra-marital relationship between you and your colleague? In my opinion, It would be better to clear her name in the 125 Cr.P.C. and then ask her to file a Defamation case as that would give her a good base.

The defamation case would not help you in any way in your 125 Cr.P.C.

She may or may not be granted compensation in D.V. case. There is no straitjacket answer for this.

T. Kalaiselvan, Advocate (Advocate)     23 October 2013

Rahul,

Was your wife able to prove her allegation of extra marital relationship between you and your colleague? or whether court negatived her this allegation stating that there is no such incidence or it is falsely woven against you?  If you have an answer as 'Yes' for the second question, you can file a defamation case u/s 499 and 500 IPC against your wife and prosecute her under the said criminal law for the offence of defaming your name and spoiling your reputation and respect in the society by recording false allegations against you in the public court.  Even your colleague can file a separate case against your wife on the same grounds by producing the certified copies of her petition copy.  Further there is no bar in granting maintenance amount in a DV case despite the fact she is already receiving maintenance amount in a different case.  While contesting the 125 Cr.P.C case, you may speak out in open court that she is intentionally evading the receipt of notice under a RCR case filed by you, which means she is trying to fool and misguide the court with the present case because of the fact that you are ready to take her back to your house whereas it is she who is not interested in coming back to your house on one or the other pretext.   

stanley (Freedom)     23 October 2013

Take a certified copy of the order where in she has been awarded maintenance in CRPC 125 and file the same in the DV case and raise your objections and contest it  .

IN THE HIGH COURT OF DELHI AT NEW DELHI
Date of Reserve: August 25, 2010
Date of Order: 30th August, 2010
Crl.M.C.No. 130/2010 & Crl.M.A.No. 504/2010

Rachna Kathuria ... Petitioner
Through: Mr. P.Narula, Advocate

Versus

Ramesh Kathuria ... Respondent
Through:Mr. S.S.Saluja, Advocate

JUSTICE SHIV NARAYAN DHINGRA

1. Whether reporters of local papers may be allowed to see the judgment? Yes.
2. To be referred to the reporter or not? Yes.
3. Whether judgment should be reported in Digest? Yes.

JUDGMENT

By this petition under Section 482 Cr.P.C. the petitioner has assailed an order dated 22nd October 2009 of learned Additional Sessions Judge passed in appeal whereby the appeal of the
petitioner was dismissed.

2. The petitioner filed an application under Section 12 of the Protection of Women from Domestic Violence Act, 2005 (in short the Act) and along with it she filed an application under Section 29 of the Act seeking maintenance. The learned Court of MM observed that petitioner was living separate from her husband since 3rd January, 1996. She had filed a Civil Suit under Hindu Adoption and Maintenance Act and an application under Section 125 Cr.P.C. and she was getting a total maintenance of ` 4000/- per month from the respondent. In case the petitioner felt that maintenance awarded to her was not sufficient, the proper course for her was to approach the concerned Court for modification of the order as already observed by the High Court in a petition filed by her earlier and the application was dismissed. Against this petitioner preferred an appeal. The learned Additional District Judge dismissed the appeal and the petitioner has preferred this petition.

3. It must be understood that the Protection of Women from Domestic Violence Act, 2005 does not create any additional right to claim maintenance on the part of the aggrieved person. It only puts the enforcement of existing right of maintenance available to an aggrieved person on fast track. If a woman living separate from her husband had already filed a suit claiming maintenance and after adjudication maintenance has been determined by a competent court either in Civil Suit or by Court of MM in an application under Section 125 Cr.P.C. she does not have a right to claim additional maintenance under the Act. The Court of MM under the Act has power to grant maintenance and monetary reliefs on an interim basis in a fast track manner only in those cases where woman has not exercised her right of claiming maintenance either under Civil Court or under Section 125 Cr.P.C. If the woman has already moved Court and her right of maintenance has been adjudicated by a competent Civil Court or by a competent Court of MM under Section 125 Cr.P.C., for any enhancement of maintenance already granted, she will have to move the same Court and she cannot approach MM under the Protection of Women from Domestic Violence Act by way of an application of interim or final nature to grant additional maintenance. This petition is not maintainable and is hereby dismissed.

SHIV NARAYAN DHINGRA, J.
August 30, 2010
vn

S

(Guest)

Agree with Mr.Kalaiselvan and stanley..!!

further to add...

1. She has commited an offence under sec 499 supported with U/s 500 IPC of defamation and it's punishment.

2. She has commited an offence U/s 199/200/203 ( False statement made in declaration which is by law receivable as evidence & Using as true such declaration knowing it to be false and Giving false information respecting an offence committed)

3. She had commited an offence U/s203 as Giving false information respecting an offence committed.

4.Now judge the case as where you will lead her to drag her in awkward position to make her leave all malicious and unscrupulous thoughts of extortion.

5. Also counter her multiple maintenance cases with support of various judgements as No multiple maintenance should be allowed by various courts to wife.

regards.

Thankyou sir

Thank you all for your comments

Yes in 125 case judge asked her advocate do you have any proof of respondent extramarital affairs he said no

Then judge told my wife that i can file divorce on this ground and he will get it also

however all this was not recorded any were

Ya i Know my coleage  can file case but why will she enter into any cases and she is planning for her marriage.

More over my wife is staying  in her parents house since 2.5 yrs and now she had filed DV against me

One of my friend suggested that my mother can file DV case against her too what are your views on that

i have supporting railway tickets where my wile have gone to drop my mother to my home town and then return back in 4 days

I love my parents (law)     29 October 2013

yes we need same help pls

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register