LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Indranil Sengupta (Manager)     17 September 2009

Defamation

A defamation case has been filed against my friend by a member of his co-op society, where he is a treasurer. The reason for the case is pertaining to an act which he had to perform as an treasurer of the society & for the benefit of the society. However the member has filed a personal defamation case against him & not as an treasurer. But the court summon states the identity of my friend as treasurer of the society.

Please state as to how we should proceed to come out of the case.

Learning

3 Replies

Adv. Deepak (Advocate)     17 September 2009

What was the act done by your friend as a treasurer, for which he has been prosecuted.  If he has done it for and on behalf of the society and in due course of discharge of his duties as treasurer, he is not liable for defamation.  But whether the act done was correct and was in discharge of his duties is to be verified. ddkharpudikar@indiatimes.com

gfhgfh (hfh)     17 September 2009

if d act is done by treasurer in good faith n honestly.. den he is nt liable

chakaravarthi venkatarangam (business)     19 September 2009

My sister and I filed a partition case in our ancestors property. My elder cousin filed a reply in d court saying that we r not  the children of my father. My mother was a 2nd wife. My fathers 1st wife died issueless. He was a govt servant and we have our names in d pension book also. Our advocate told us to go for a defamation case. Iam doing business and my siter is a govt sschool hm. Pls tell me how much amount can we claim and is it ok to file this case?

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register