LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Jitheeshkumar (project engineer)     18 January 2014

Declaration deed vs rectification deed

i have booked one apartment and orginal property deed has some typographical error and my  builder has made GPA and declaration deed.

What i have to do , can i continue with this deal or not.

and just clarify Declaration deed and rectification deed.

Learning

4 Replies

adv.raghavan (Advocate,9444674980)     18 January 2014

No doubt, it has to be through RECTIFICATION DEED, 

Rama chary Rachakonda (Secunderabad/Highcourt practice watsapp no.9989324294 )     18 January 2014

Mistakes are part of life. However careful and cautious one may be, mistakes may creep into a document. And if the document is related to property, there is confusion all around. This calls for rectification of the errors. But, wait. Often, a rectification is confused with a ratification which is a different aspect altogether. It is desirable to understand the difference between these two types of transactions.

When a typographical error or an omission or a clerical or other such types of errors or mistakes occur in the document, a Rectification Deed is usually executed between the parties concerned. The errors may occur with regard to descripttion of property or at times descripttion of parties as well. At times, addresses may be found missing.

At times, the error is carried over from previous documents. It is also possible that because of oversight certain unnecessary descripttions are carried in the documents. Most of these errors can be rectified by the above process.

(Guest)

Registered Rectification Deed would be advisable

T. Kalaiselvan, Advocate (Advocate)     18 January 2014

Such typographical errors cannot be ignored for the reasons however convincing it may be, it is a matter of an asset which is going to remain with you for ever, hence instead of risking the situation in the future, better rectify the errors now itself, it is always better to execute a rectification deed now itself to avoid problems in the future.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register