LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

(Guest)

Crpc 125 for U.S. CITIZEN

Court Ruled out ex-party in favour of my wife in India. I live in U.S. and i am U.S. CITIZEN and i don't want to pay any maintenance since i did not refuse to stay with her. Now i heard from resources that they are trying to get to my U.S. BANK ACCOUNT so that they can seize my money. They are greedy and since we all know that LAW always support women no matter how cruel they are ! I tried approaching her to convince her to stay with me but they filed fake 498 (a) against me in order to get me arrested and then they asked me lump sum amount of 5 Lakhs.........i do know that if i don't pay maintenance i will be entitled to jail for every month i don't pay.......i am not visiting India till time she change her mind to stay with me or leave me..........i am not paying any maintenance....my question to experts is do they have authority to seize my U.S. Bank account i heard they were going to write a letter to U.S. embassy and seize my bank account but in that case i am thinking to appoint a lawyer in U.S. and prove it that i did all necessary to bring her back but she is the one who don't want to come. Funny thing is i haven't even slept or stayed with her one single day .........we got married Feb 15 2010 last year i left india Feb 16 2010 very next day so that i can file her visa papers but by the time everything was ready she called me from india saying that she cannot come to U.S. and she wants to get seperated.........while questioning she didn't give me any concrete reasons to break up when i visited sep 4 2010 last year to convince her they filed fake 498 a against me and now they won the case on that basis............i don't have any sources to prove myself.........although being a U.S. Citizen i don't think there is much they can do but i feel that what so ever she is doing in india is not right......she could have rather lived with me a happy life and not waist on time by demanding money....... every time i try to convince her she says that she don't want to give me divorce and i have to pay her money..........the only condition she wants to come and stay with me is when i leave my mom and that is not going to happen...........I am concerned about my U.S. bank account pls answer me if they have any authority to Seize my U.S. BANK ACCOUNT from India ?

Learning

3 Replies

Vishwa (translator)     20 April 2011

Dear Deepak,

They are simply trying to scare you and do not fall into their trap. In US you will be treated according to US laws and there is no way they can touch you there.

Courage

Vishwa

adv. rajeev ( rajoo ) (practicing advocate)     20 April 2011

Burden lies on her to prove that you have willfully neglected to maintain her.  And she cannot get seize your bank account.

I do agree with vishwa.

(Guest)

Thank you sir for keeping me up..........i have shattered completely

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register