LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Bhushan Khatri (Properietor)     20 January 2024

Cross examination

I am not allowed by the magistrate to give detail answers and neither does my APP support me. I am told to just answer in yes or no though the accused advocate is an expert in cross examinations and tries to put words in my mouth to confess. The magistrate records each and every words he utters in the cross examination but i am warned that i cant give details to my answers. The copy of my cross examination is given to me after 2 days by the magistrate who says he must first audit the deposition and at time i have seen that changes have been incorporation to benefit the accused. What should i do?  also the accused is allowed certain documents which i was not allowed in the Examination in chief please help

Learning

3 Replies

T. Kalaiselvan, Advocate (Advocate)     20 January 2024

The documents presened by the accucsed will not be filed during the chief examination of the prosecution witness.

After deposition you would be required to sign the paper and nothing prevented you to object to the contents which you never uttered.

The court will not allow you to tell stories which are irrelevant to the case during witness evidence deposition.

Dr. J C Vashista (Advocate )     21 January 2024

You may hire the services of a "private" lawyer in addition to APP who will be a better option to help / advise and guide you.

T. Kalaiselvan, Advocate (Advocate)     21 January 2024

Yes as suggested by senior advocate, you may engage the services of your own advocate to assist prosecution so that the APP also will be little cautious before taking any adverse step affecting your interest in this case.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register