LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Shailendra K Jain (Self)     18 December 2015

Cpc 9a applicable in rajaathan

Most of Territorial Juridiction rulings from Supreme court are from Mumbai Juridiction. My wife has filed case from Udaipur in 2010 where she doesnot live as she is working in Ahmedabad ( Gujrat ) since 2006. The reason being her paents are livingin Udaipur. She has admitted this in her chief and cross examination. Issues regarding Territorial juridiction has been framed and evidence is over and he case is at final argument stage. I asked court to decide the issue of territorial juridiction before going into the courts by application under Section 151. The grounds were parties never lived in udaipur, last residence was Kota ( (Raj ) . Moreover The solemnisation of marriage happened in Kota ( Raj ), which got rejected. Reveiw also rejected. now CPC 9a ( Maharashtra ammendment act ) could be a base to fight but i am not sure if it is applicable in rajasthan. Please guide if CPC 9a is applicable in Rajasthan

Learning

1 Replies

T. Kalaiselvan, Advocate (Advocate)     26 December 2015

Any state amendment to an existing act or law shall be restricted to the state alone until and unless there is a specific mention about extending the same to neighboring states.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register