Upgrad
LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Megha   23 October 2023

Court decree registration in new delhi for immovable property - why do we need to pay circle rate

Hello

We have a court decree which I would like to register so that LDO can use it for converting leasehold to free hold (disputed property with court decree in my favor) 

When I register the court decree, why do I have to pay a circle rate for the property - I am registering court decree only - not registering the property

Do I also have to pay when converting the property from leasehold to free hold  at L&DO- what is the rate for South delhi

Learning

3 Replies

T. Kalaiselvan, Advocate (Advocate)     23 October 2023

It is not necessary to register a court decree because it makes no difference whether the decree is registered or not.

But if you would like to proceed with the transaction pertaining to immovable property on the basis of a court decree, it is pertinent that the applicable stamp duty is to be paid as per the relief granted.

You can enquire about the stamp duty payable in the local sub registrar office because the stamp duty differs from one state to another across pan India.

Dr. J C Vashista (Advocate )     24 October 2023

Of course you will have to pay stamp duty and registration charges to revenue authorities through Sub-Registrar besides conversion charges from leasehold to freehold to L & DO. 

Megha   25 October 2023

Thank you so much for your replies. Thank you so much for your reply. The property is registered with L&DO under my grandfathers name(deceased) . Court passed a decree in our favor. How do we get the peoperty in our name - is it mutation or substitution. What is the procedure, documents required and the time taken for this. 

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register