LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

sreenivas (MD)     22 June 2014

Dominating wife

I am a doctor, working in bhopal. My wife is from trichi.We got married in may 2012. After marriage I stayed in chennai with my wife for 1 year as she was studying in chennai. After she completed her studies she refused to come to Bhopal with me. Over this issue we got seperated and she left to trichi her home town and I moved to Bhopal.  She was pregnant during our seperation in 2013.Now we have a female child. She is neither speaking to me nor replying to my messages. Once in a while she receives my call and she says that she does not want  come to Bhopal for the reason that she wants to stay with her parents and asks me to come to her hometown Thrichi. She is not ready to give divorce also.

How should I proceed now?

Learning

11 Replies

Adv Archana Deshmukh (Practicing Advocate)     22 June 2014

Send some relatives to her house to talk with her and her parents and resolve the issue amicably.

Laxmi Kant Joshi (Advocate )     22 June 2014

Try to do some amicable solution let her understand that your job is in bhopal and you can not leave your job , if your job is transferable to all over India then take the transfer there otherwise tell her to join you in the bhopal , for that you can take help of your elders of both sides , near and dears ones , common friends to understand her the facts , tell her don't be adament come and join you and enjoy your married life .

heera (Engineer)     22 June 2014

You are a doctor, and there are hospitals all over India. If your skills are good and you are not bound by a contract to your current employer then you should be able to find a good doctor job in Trichy. I do not support involving elders and pressurising her, especially at this time, because she just had a baby. Post delivery is the most vulnerable time for a woman, so forcing her to leave her support system now is heartless.

BTW, How does her desire to be near to her dear ones makes her a dominant wife ? In the same tone, a man who wishes to stay close to his family should be termed dominant ?

Suneet Gupta (www.vashiadvocates.com)     22 June 2014

You should have cleared this issue before marriage. Presently, you should involve the family elders as mediators to solve the place of residence. Else, legal advice is to file a petition for restitution of conjugal rights.

satish bhaskar (Litigant)     23 June 2014

A scorpion met a frog on a river bank and requested him to carry it across the river on his back. The frog refused stating that, how would he be sure that the scorpion would not sting him. The scorpion responded as they would be in the river, if he stung the frog, he would die too. The frog agreed and took the scorpion on his back and they started crossing the river.

In the middle of the river, the scorpion stung the frog. The frog got paralyzed due to the venom in the sting and started drowning. The frog just asked one question, “Why?”

To this the scorpion replied, “Because it is in my nature….”

(Guest)

How sad.  Your days are doomed.

You have two options.

1.  Join your wife as you adjusted in all positions in the bed.  When you adjusted in bed, you have to adjust with other things too.  Go stay with her, make separate house so that you need not get the brunt of your in-laws, do all this for the sake of the girl child you have out of the wedlock.

2.  Dont want to follow the above?  Be ready to face divorce case, roam court for next 6-7 years, face child custody case [until the girl attains age of 7], pay alimony to wife [until she finds a job and has income ]and kid [until she turns 18], you might also face false cases like 498a, DV etc, OR pay her lumpsum money and get mutual consent divorce.

EitheRways whatever decision you take, let it be firm one and stick to it for the rest of your life.  if you say yes, its yes, if you say no, let it be no, till the end.  Remember this always 'ONE STEP FORWARD AND TWO STEPS BACKWARD = DOOMSDAY'

2 Like

Adv k . mahesh (advocate)     23 June 2014

in today world everything is acceptable 

1. decide you want to live happily with your family of kid and your wife means take vacations holiday and spend some valuable time with your family

2. in this holiday try to convince your wife discuss with her even then if she says no then try to get job in your wife place because trichi is also not a small place and a developed with big hospitals and in my view doctors have more demand and any other profession in this world 

3. as the situation has not arised yet to involve elders ( in my view) if you get attached to your kid you self can decide what step you can take 

4. after all not works then we lawyers are there consult for next step 

K.K.Ganguly (Advocate)     23 June 2014

1. Since there is no major issue for your separation other than her refusal to join you at Bhopal, there is a possibility that your problem can b solved if you take a transfer or fresh job in South,

2. Talk to her about that & try to come back to South,

3. It might solve your problem,

4. Avoid divorce at all costs since it is the 2nd most stressful event in one's life which is understood later on.

Solomon Raju (Advocate High Court of A.P.)     23 June 2014

This issue is a delicate one and both you being doctors, she is not able to understand the issue...

Come on Doctor, promise her that you will send her every month to her parents house in a flight or else shift your practice to Chennai and fly to your hometown monthly twice to look after your parents...I think both of you have good practice..nothing to worry...if she is not satisfied with your answers, then rethink your decision...she might have lost interest in you and she just needed divorce for no reason and for no fault....this is the latest fashion in the society....

Biswanath Roy (Advocate)     24 June 2014

Married life needs some sacrifice of  'SELF' and 'EGO'.  When your wife sacrificed her womanhood for you why don't you sacrifice your interest a little? More particularly as a father of your baby. Think it from the very core of your heart that she is not only your wife but also mother of your child AND TILL THIS DATE SHE HAS BEEN SACRIFICING HERSELF FOR THE WELL BEING OF YOUR BABY.  For her satisfaction if you transfer yourself from Bhopal to Thrichi what will be  the harm? After all you are a professional. I ADVICE YOU TO GIVE UP YOUR EGO AND GIVE PRIORITY OF YOUR BABY'S 'LIFE FIRST..

T. Kalaiselvan, Advocate (Advocate)     26 June 2014

This is not a question of ego.  It is a question of life and future involving three persons life.  Burying the differences and planning anew life will go a long way because even now nothing has spoiled your matrimonial life, it is just pending due lack of adjustments between you both.  In fact the ball is in your court now, your judicious decision will save your matrimonial life and the sacred institute of marriage between you both and secure peace not only to you both but also to all those close relatives to both of you, think.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register