Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

mohan -fighter (Head)     31 July 2013

Help needed from experts.... !!!

hi All,

A few facts of my case...

- 10 year old marraige with a 7 year old son. have not been in touch with wife since 6+ years. she earns abt 40k a month working in a MNC and i am into business, doing good.

- Since 2 years, i have been trying for mutual settlement but everytime...they increase their demands which now are in crores which i anyday cannt afford to give or even want to give,....

- I have few self acquired properties in my name and many other investments. As she is earning she also has many investments in bank as FD's etc but no property in her name.

- I am left with no option than going to courts......as she is making my life a mess every day... and its un-bearable now. Everyday fights has become a headache for me/family.

- i do not smoke/ drink and do not have any spoilt circle of friends too. Infact i have built quiet good reputation in the society and people respect me a lot. The only mistake (if i can say so) is a 3 year old affair i have. As i was alone since 6-7 years, i wanted someone is life and she filled the vaccum. We are very serious and want to get married and settle asap.

Now a few questions ????????????

- I know going to courts is a big hassle...!!! but how much is the minimum time period it takes in court to get a divorce.. Are their fast track courts for divorces ? Is this procedure real tedious and full of harrasement for the entire family. i have read at any places, handling police, Women cell, etc etc ...is a real pain ... how true is it ??

- She wud surely go for DV and dowry cases against us (me and my mother/sister)... how can we tackle this... ?? As we NEVER - EVER have taken a single rupee from her or her family . Infact we are still maintaining her till date... (her food/ clothes/ fruits/ juices/ AC bills / Internet bills .... even the smallest expense etc are all paid by me). As she already has many investments as FD's in banks etc etc, can she go for dowry case against me / family ??

- If we prove the dowry case to be fake, do we get some leverage in the court and can we request the case to be cancelled as it has been proved fake. THEN, what shud be the next best suited step .....????

- She threatens us to use fake DV case against us...and prove that i have hit her on many fake dates in last 6-7 years.. how do i tackle this...? she even says she will prove it wid fake witnesses and medical certificates. how can i save myself here ??

- she also threatens us to do something to herself and blame it on me. to save myself, i have installed cctv's camera's inside my house, as i am true on my end. Otherwise, how can i handle this now if she anyday..tries doing anything insane to herself..

- how can i have the custody on my son ?? he is very very close to me..as he sleeps with me, wakes up with me, eats, plays and goes out with me.. His mother is only a tutor for him as i am in office and she comes back early and make him do his homework etc. Otherwise she does not even takes care of his meals and other small things he needs. BUT, wud the court understand this... ??? I CANNOT LEAVE MY SON at any cost...!!! plz advice how can i get his custody in court....

- As i have an affair, how bad ishe can use it in court ? she knows much abt the affair and even the girl. I read adultery is'nt punishable in courts, but can she take advantage of this..in court ? OR can it really go against me ?? plz advice... ( I also read, getting into second marraige helps in getting custody of child too...is it true ???)

- what maintainence cud the court grant her....??? how wud it be calculated and how can i avoid giving a higher amount to her ?? can i sell off my properties ? any other suggestions.....

- how can i give her that one blow and make her realise her mistakes. TILL now i am at the defending end..... can i ever attack and make her feel guilty in the court of law.. ? what are the possibilities.... and ideas ?

wud really appreciate all experts views...

thanks...

Learning

3 Replies

Nadeem Qureshi (Advocate/ nadeemqureshi1@gmail.com)     31 July 2013

contact a lawyer personally with all documents

(Guest)
Originally posted by : vinny

hi All,

A few facts of my case...

- 10 year old marraige with a 7 year old son. have not been in touch with wife since 6+ years. she earns abt 40k a month working in a MNC and i am into business, doing good.

- Since 2 years, i have been trying for mutual settlement but everytime...they increase their demands which now are in crores which i anyday cannt afford to give or even want to give,....

- I have few self acquired properties in my name and many other investments. As she is earning she also has many investments in bank as FD's etc but no property in her name.

- I am left with no option than going to courts......as she is making my life a mess every day... and its un-bearable now. Everyday fights has become a headache for me/family.

- i do not smoke/ drink and do not have any spoilt circle of friends too. Infact i have built quiet good reputation in the society and people respect me a lot. The only mistake (if i can say so) is a 3 year old affair i have. As i was alone since 6-7 years, i wanted someone is life and she filled the vaccum. We are very serious and want to get married and settle asap.

Now a few questions ????????????

- I know going to courts is a big hassle...!!! but how much is the minimum time period it takes in court to get a divorce.. Are their fast track courts for divorces ? Is this procedure real tedious and full of harrasement for the entire family. i have read at any places, handling police, Women cell, etc etc ...is a real pain ... how true is it ??

In your case, it takes minimum 5-6 years.  Fast track slow track, forget all that.  It is family matter, court does not take any urgency in deciding on your divorce petition.

Pain, it depends on what is your perception of pain.

- She wud surely go for DV and dowry cases against us (me and my mother/sister)... how can we tackle this... ??

Secure anticipatory bail.

As we NEVER - EVER have taken a single rupee from her or her family .

Not taken 1 re, or taken 1 re, false case or genuine case of dowry, both take 5-6 years to get over.

Infact we are still maintaining her till date... (her food/ clothes/ fruits/ juices/ AC bills / Internet bills .... even the smallest expense etc are all paid by me). As she already has many investments as FD's in banks etc etc,

if payment is made through cheque, then secure such transaction reciepts.

can she go for dowry case against me / family ??

Yes.

- If we prove the dowry case to be fake, do we get some leverage in the court and can we request the case to be cancelled as it has been proved fake. THEN, what shud be the next best suited step .....????

If she has filed false dowry case, and it proved beyong all doubt that none of the allegations are true, then approach FC with such dismissal orders of dowry case [498a] and then divorce is gauranteed.

- She threatens us to use fake DV case against us...and prove that i have hit her on many fake dates in last 6-7 years.. how do i tackle this...? she even says she will prove it wid fake witnesses and medical certificates. how can i save myself here ??
For each allegation made, one has to give factual evidence.  No evidence.  No case.  as simple as that.

- she also threatens us to do something to herself and blame it on me. to save myself, i have installed cctv's camera's inside my house, as i am true on my end. Otherwise, how can i handle this now if she anyday..tries doing anything insane to herself..

Approach nearest police station.  File complaint against wife ASAP that she has got suicidal tendencies.

- how can i have the custody on my son ?? he is very very close to me..as he sleeps with me, wakes up with me, eats, plays and goes out with me.. His mother is only a tutor for him as i am in office and she comes back early and make him do his homework etc. Otherwise she does not even takes care of his meals and other small things he needs. BUT, wud the court understand this... ??? I CANNOT LEAVE MY SON at any cost...!!! plz advice how can i get his custody in court....

Custody case, [contested] 4-5 years, mother usually gets custody of kid, your kid will have option to become ping-pong ball once he turns 12, he can either stay with mother or father as per his wish, but now as he is 7, he stay with mom and you can only get visitation rights.

- As i have an affair, how bad ishe can use it in court ? she knows much abt the affair and even the girl. I read adultery is'nt punishable in courts, but can she take advantage of this..in court ? OR can it really go against me ?? plz advice... ( I also read, getting into second marraige helps in getting custody of child too...is it true ???)

She might file adultery case on you, if proved guilty, you sit cooling heels in jail for 5-7 years..  First come out of headache No. 1, ie first marriage, then think of second one.

- what maintainence cud the court grant her....??? how wud it be calculated and how can i avoid giving a higher amount to her ?? can i sell off my properties ? any other suggestions.....

If she is working no maintenance.  If not working then 1/3 of your take home income.  Regarding bolded text lot ways there.

- how can i give her that one blow and make her realise her mistakes. TILL now i am at the defending end..... can i ever attack and make her feel guilty in the court of law.. ? what are the possibilities.... and ideas ?
Yes, you can blow air on her face, and if she is kind enough she wont file a PWDVA case on you, that is the blow you can give to her.  

Of other ideas, if she files false cases she can be imprisoned up to 7 years, if that is the blow what you are talking about.

wud really appreciate all experts views...

thanks...

1 Like

mohan -fighter (Head)     31 July 2013

Dear Mr. Helping Hand !!!!

Thanks a ton for ur replies... As u are a legal advisor..can we meet on the same... Plz pm me your contacts if possible...

A few queries on ur replies...plz do answer.....  (have deleted the other questions...)      

- She wud surely go for DV and dowry cases against us (me and my mother/sister)... how can we tackle this... ??

Secure anticipatory bail.  Is anticipatory bail, easy to procure. Wud the financial documents of my wife be enough to prove that she already has her money with her... Whats the procedure for the same... ?

If she has filed false dowry case, and it proved beyong all doubt that none of the allegations are true, then approach FC with such dismissal orders of dowry case [498a] and then divorce is gauranteed.  What is FC ? and If we prove that we have'nt taken any dowry in court... or even her stridhan i still with her, will the other cases of DV etc also be dismissed. And wud it help us in the childs custody case ??????

For each allegation made, one has to give factual evidence. No evidence. No case. as simple as that. But what is she produces fake witnesses who help her in proving it. How to we handle that.... ? 

Custody case, [contested] 4-5 years, mother usually gets custody of kid, your kid will have option to become ping-pong ball once he turns 12, he can either stay with mother or father as per his wish, but now as he is 7, he stay with mom and you can only get visitation rights. when can i file for child custody ?? can it be during the case of divorce or after the case is over ?

She might file adultery case on you, if proved guilty, you sit cooling heels in jail for 5-7 years.. First come out of headache No. 1, ie first marriage, then think of second one.               
      This is important. As told, she knows abt it and very well prove it too. But i read everywhere online...law does'nt has punishment for adultery. Pl confirm this and how is it possible. 

If she is working no maintenance. If not working then 1/3 of your take home income. Regarding bolded text lot ways there. Is there any maintainence on the basis of properties also ?? and if yes...is it on the market price or the stamp papers price ??

Yes, you can blow air on her face, and if she is kind enough she wont file a PWDVA case on you, that is the blow you can give to her. she surely will file that...as one of her cousins is a lawyer and he is helping her do all sorts of wrongs to us. any idea how can we stop her filing a PWDVA against us ?

Of other ideas, if she files false cases she can be imprisoned up to 7 years, if that is the blow what you are talking about.  This sounds good but that would take would be possible only when i win 100% in court....  If i am able to get custody of y son, the blow will be enough...for her.  Can we not go against her for defamation, if the dowry or DV case or both are proved fake ??????

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register