Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Nandha (NIL)     18 July 2012

Urgent - false dv medical certificate

Dear Ld. Lawyers,

In my earlier thread, i had mentioned that my wife left my house with my 1 year old kid in my absence taking away all the jewelleries & some cash. After that we have called them for talks through some elders from our family. 

We will be meeting this Sunday to discuss the problem.  I came to know that my wife has made a medical certificate on the night she left my home that she was strangulated, beaten etc. 

Am I in trouble? Will the certificate be considered if she goes to police station or court? how to prove that the certificate she obtained is false with bad intentions to frame me?

Please advise me. This is urgent.

Thanks

Nanda

Learning

13 Replies

Rama chary Rachakonda (Secunderabad/Highcourt practice watsapp no.9989324294 )     18 July 2012

when  you be enquired, You can condemn the statement. And reveal them truth.

Rajeev Kumar (Lawyer/Advocate)     19 July 2012

First file a police complaint against your wife's heinous deed. Second file an informatory petition in court stating the fact and medical certificate and your apprehension of false cases in which you will be harassed and implicated. It may be possible your wife will make a police complaint in section 498a, 307 and other sections of ipc or DV case. If fir is lodged then first seek bail. When you and your wife meet on sunday among elders then try to confess her misdeed from her own mouth and keep it recorded in tape or mobile. Also conversate with her earlier on mobile and record her confession through mail box

(Guest)

talk to him personally or in phone and record her voice about confess the truth.

Than at the suitable time produce before court and use that.

Only orel deny court will not consider, she has a documentry proof.

Nandha (NIL)     19 July 2012

@rajeev - thanks for your advice. she does not talk to me over phone. Actually they are doing in a well planned manner as their close relative is working in police. 

Now my concern is whether based on this documentary proof, will the police arrest me? if the police does not listen to my oral denial, what would they do? even if the court believe the medical certificate, then what will be the result in my case? 

please let me know.

Thanks

nandha

Nandha (NIL)     10 October 2012

Can any one throw some light on the validity of a 'Medical Certificate' under DV.

1) How a medical certificate can be obtained showing that the injury is due to domestic violence? Wife may influence the doctors in the hospital and can get a certificate. How to handle this?

2) Is a medical certificate obtained from Govt. hospital outside the jurisdiction valid?

thanks

498 A fighter (Advocate)     10 October 2012

in DV and in 498 A if she produce that certificate then her case will be very strong and you have to prove that all is fake,

but it will be diffucult as time pass to such step and to deny the truth or to deny the lie is diffucult almost impossible this is india nandaji no one has time to search past 3or 4 year files whatever you want to collect just do it now every a peice of small paper is very valuable helpful evidence in the court so don't underestimate that MLC, they can create a big problem.

stanley (Freedom)     10 October 2012

I agree to Mr Rama Cherry .Let her make a false MLC certificate . You can always counter her claim as to why FIR has not been Filed on that particular night . Normally the procedure would be that the doctor who issues the Medical certificate has to first report the same to a police station in its vicinity . The police would direct her to a goverment hospital for treatment . you can always counter the claim that the hospital is a part and parcel to her false allegations and assisting her in her false allegations . 

In court you can pull up the receptionist who filed her admission , the nurse , doctor who attended on her and question them as to why this case has not been reported to the police .So relax and be happy .Its not so easy for them to prove a false case  

1 Like

Stanley sir in my case i was admitted on 19 aug 09 in maharshatr, and my FIR is on 25 aug i was arrested at 17:15 in mp and came at 14:00 to MP i was called for negotiation and immediately sent to custody no chance to tell them that i was not in MP my wife told that she come to me on 22 aug 09 and on 25th morning i fought with her later i got the certificate from MD doctor in that it is mentioned that i was admitted there from 19AUG to 24 aug and then it took almost 24 hours to come to my place MP , i attached that certificate in 498A as my proof .

Question is:

[1] is court consider that proof?

[2] wife will say that why you did not submitted on arresting date? now it was submiited later means you make it, it is fake ?

[3] now the hearing i will appear in dec 12 for charge at time there will be no record in that medical also, will they call  doctor , he will not come as his daily practice is of 30000 he is owner of big hospital so why he come for me ,

i have only his medical certificate and some medicine bill ,

how they will consider this point. how i can prove that it is true actullay the burden of proof that it is false lies on wife side and they are not able to prove it false only by oral shout.

please suggest or highlight your views on this

In F.I.R date time and narration of incident is mentioned does the date and time contradict to the incident that happened .

1. The court will consider the proof of your travel provided you have a document to prove .

2. you can sumbit your medical certificate . But every thing would be taken into consideration like time of admission,nurse ,doctor attended and the medical report ( where you operated upon in the hospital and do you have the discharge certificate ) , they maybe called for cross examination .

3. If the court sends summons to the doctor he has to be present in court or else than a non bailable warrant can be issued . 

Originally posted by : stanley

In F.I.R date time and narration of incident is mentioned does the date and time contradict to the incident that happened .

sir FIR is false the date she mention on that date i was not in the house even in city i am 600 km away. and i was not operated as that was ganesh festival and i m from maharashtra so every year i go there on that time i had stomach pain apendix ? pain so i was admitted in the hospital.i have the medical reports of regular pain from past and after.

and i am sure now when cross examination comes then at time they are not able to say anything what had happened and when? already mother in law failed in sec09 cross exam and had try to act drama of her unconciousness.

incident not happend so no contradiction needed.if incident happened then only that will contradict  to  narration.

1. The court will consider the proof of your travel provided you have a document to prove .

I submitted my travel ticket as traveled by bus so bus tickets are produced and are true.

2. you can sumbit your medical certificate . But every thing would be taken into consideration like time of admission,nurse ,doctor attended and the medical report ( where you operated upon in the hospital and do you have the discharge certificate ) , they maybe called for cross examination .

medical certificate i produces if i know that this is going to happen then i will bring all at that time i had certificate and medicine bills . as i was not operated , because i refused i want to be operated in my city i thougt that i was better as in my city all facilities and friends will cooperate so i was admitted for rest and minor medicinal treatment also i have doubt that it is becuse of my journey excertion or stone problem and without consulting my family i dont want to be operated so i was there on rest and the same is written in that certificate and this was the case of 19 august 09.

3. If the court sends summons to the doctor he has to be present in court or else than a non bailable warrant can be issued . 

if doctor come to the court then also he only verify his certificate now after so long time how he recognize me.

so these are the twist and

form girl side there is nothing in FIR just as

there is complaint only no evidance no MLC and only her mother and one man outsider of her town whom she produces as so called brother but actually he is driver and her fathers friend , he come to help her father becuase her father also gave gawahi in his case one long time ago and a lady inspector who lodge the FIR just for 300 rs as a bribe are from her side for statement so what is present situation reflect either win or lose?

her father was the main but he died on 11 march 11 and he was not came to give statement in sec 09 , and i won sec 09 in feb 10 after filing my sec09 in july 27 ,09 they filed 498A only no DV and not any case just they came on 25 aug file FIR and went and i was in jail for 3 days and then i got bail , after three months she also came and startlivng with me gave birth to daughter on 5 may 11 and again left on 8th june 11 this time no fir and nothing only i gave application to police TI and SP to my area and her area.

so by this what will be turn in my case?

sir please focus on this..

Aneesh go through this 

Medico-legal Reports

Medico-legal reports (MLR) are to be prepared immediately after the examination is done. They should be prepared in duplicate, preferably with a ball-point-pen, in a clear and legible hand. Cutting/ overwriting, etc should be avoided as much as possible and all corrections should be properly initialed. Abbreviations of any sort should be avoided.

An MLR comprises of three parts, namely:

a) Pre-amble—includes the date, time and place of examination, name of the patient, his residential address, occupation; name of the person(s)/police official accompanying, DDR/FIR No., informed consent of the person being examined, two marks of identification, etc, wherever applicable.

b) Body (Findings/Observations)—includes a complete descripttion of the injuries/any other findings present; any investigations/referrals, etc, asked for.

c) Post-amble (Opinion)—includes the

·         Nature of the injury—whether simple or grievous.

·         Weapon/Force used—whether blunt or sharp or fire-arms or burns, etc.

·         Duration of the injuries—based on the characteristics of the external injuries.

Here, it would be pertinent to add that when giving the duration of the injuries, the most common mistake that is committed is that undue/complete reliance is placed on the history given; while the doctor’s own observations regarding the features of the injuries are often not taken into consideration. This again, may prove disastrous, as far as the courts are concerned. As regards the accuracy of estimating the duration of the injuries, the Hon’ble Supreme Court, in Ramswaroop v State of UP8, said that “It is well known that a doctor can never be absolutely certain on the point of the time so far as duration of injuries is concerned”.

·         Any other information that may prove to be helpful to the police.

·         If for any reason, the opinion is to be kept ‘pending’, the same is to be documented properly in the appropriate column.

The Officer/CMO issuing the MLR register to any doctor should ensure that it is properly numbered and a certificate regarding the same (giving the number of forms contained there-in) should be given by him on the first page of the said register.

All investigation forms, X-rays, Case file, etc should bear the label “MLC” on the top, so that necessary precautions can be taken by all concerned.

Custody of the Records

The records should be kept under lock and key, in the custody of the doctor concerned or may be kept in a Central Record Room, in hospitals where such facility is available; as per the institution’s rules.

Most hospitals have a policy of maintaining all medico-legal records for variable periods. However, as per law, there is no specified time limit after which the MLRs can be destroyed. Hence, they have to be preserved. In view of the multitude of cases against the doctors under the Consumer Protection Act, it is advisable to preserve all the in-patient records for a period of at least 5 years and OPD records for 3 years.9

Admission and discharge

Whenever a medico-legal case is admitted or discharged, the same should be intimated to the nearest police station at the earliest. It is always better to inform the police through the casualty of the hospital where the medico-legal register is usually maintained and necessary entries can be made in it. While discharging or referring the patient, care should be taken to see that he receives the Discharge Card/Referral Letter, complete with the summary of admission, the treatment given in the hospital and the instructions to the patient to be followed after discharge. Failure to do so renders the doctor liable for “negligence” and “deficiency of service”. In N. K. Kohli v Bajaj Nursing Home,10 the Madhya Pradesh State Consumer Disputes Redressal Commission said that “issuance of the discharge certificate is the mandatory duty of the treating doctor and the Nursing Home/ Hospital and the non-issuance of the same amounts to grave negligence and deficiency (in service) on the part of the doctor and the hospital”.

If the patient is not serious and can take care of himself, he may be discharged on his own request, after taking in writing from him that he has been explained the possible outcome of such a discharge and that he is going on his own against medical advice. Police have to be informed before the said patient leaves the hospital. Sometimes the patient, registered as a medico-legal case, may abscond from the hospital. Police have to be immediately informed, the moment such an instance comes to the notice of the doctor/ hospital staff.

1 Like

@stanley

sir very valuable information , but as far as my case is concerned who knows what is going to happened after normal treatment i came to MP and same day get arrested for three days after that i fight for my belongings as i was terrorist etc etc my wife spread news in TV and newpaper his father produced a fake ID card from militry that was issued for canteen facility etc on which name is dfferent and photo is my when it was sent to FSL examination it was found fake and i was inocent  by this police raid my home and took my laptop mobile and some valuable items they were not returned yet i fight for that almost a month also went to court there lady inspector told that his wife had given all to me , and they deny that they raid my house i was in jail and lock was broken police put new locks after i came inquired then all stroy become clear so in that my one month more than that gone so here i want tosay i had only that certificate which we use to produce in office for leave purpose and that i produce in  498A that is our second objective as the incident was not happen and i am fighting on that ground only. and also  then SP gaive character certificate in that it is mentioned that  only 498A case  is running on me and no other case is pending /registered under any section.

but being a human anexity remains there what will happen? though conviction rate is 2.7% .

from wife side state is fighting and i am suffering , this is the fate of true and real gentleman sir/

i never demand a single rupee, for doing Mphil of my wife i invest 40000 and in my marriage i gave money ,

even i refuse for band baja and ghodi as they are not capble , day time marriage i prefered for the sake of wife side.

so some time i thoght those people are doing good who came by drunk and beat their wife and daily raped them, and if wife raise voice they killed them , and all problem finish after some time remarry and again life goes on.

the money which i lost if i gave that in bribe then i also get free even if i committed crime, any way this was my frustration and lot of people like me thinking like same.

so sir this is the case in that case what will be authentycity of that certificate.

i repeat the line of certificates" he mr. aneesh trived 36/m was admitted to this hospital for acute abdominal pain? appenditics from 19809 to 24809." and also on 15 aug 09 when pain was there i went to govt hospital for check up in that doctor refered me to private hospital for treatment . so  i am not lying this is clear because i cannot make duplicate govt receipt of 15 aug09 and i dont know that on 25 aug there will be FIR on me and on 19aug 09 i admitted if i know that it going to happen then i will take ful file each and every report from doctor and told doctor you releave after one month i will pay charges.

so i have to fight on the basis of existing facts only and from it you suggest or guide how can i use best of it?

or what court may think on this and give decision.

whatever you said i follow that and i also admit that i am not having too much exclent proof .

so please focus on this sir highly thankful to you.

aneesh

498 A fighter (Advocate)     11 October 2012

@ stanely sir please just foucs on this little bit ........as you are know gone familiar with complete case.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register