LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Sudeep   04 July 2017

contractual employee higher study permission not granted

I am lecturer on contractual basis with a university of Haryana. I applied for NOC from the administration to do Ph D, but they declined to give NOC saying that there is no rule regarding NOC for contractual employees. One of my friends started pursuing ph d without NOC, but when he intimated the department they asked him to either leave the job or Ph D. The department is obstructing our career advancement, feeling helpless. Please advise.

Learning

5 Replies

Kumar Doab (FIN)     04 July 2017

Originally posted by : Sudeep
I am lecturer on contractual basis with a university of Haryana. I applied for NOC from the administration to do Ph D, but they declined to give NOC saying that there is no rule regarding NOC for contractual employees. One of my friends started pursuing ph d without NOC, but when he intimated the department they asked him to either leave the job or Ph D. The department is obstructing our career advancement, feeling helpless. Please advise.

Is it all in writing?

What is stated in appointment letter, service rules?

Sudeep   04 July 2017

Yes, the reply for NOC n the choice to do ph d or job- are in writing. The appointment letter states the salary fixed, working hours, casual leave one per month but there is nothing stated regarding pursuing higher studies.

Sudeep   04 July 2017

Once I got interview letter for bank PO job, as I have stated my experience in university they demanded NOC from me but the department replied that we can not issue NOC as there are no rules regarding NOC for employees on contract basis.

Kumar Doab (FIN)     01 August 2017

Either you may appeal to dept, or update the Univ and ask to accept the declaration of Dept or approach court of law...

play game   11 September 2017

Friends play the free online checkers games on the net checkers free i have the most fun for you you like this game and fell good nice site.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register