Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Srilatha (Housewife)     24 May 2014

Compensation appointment in banks

Hello sir/madam

I am srilatha,my husband who was worked at  Central bank of india bank as a clerk cum cashier Died in June 2013 (Due to health problem).He serviced 13 years his age was 35 years"

l do not have any job,we have two children.I studied Degree,whether can I get the my husband job through

compensation appointment,is any new rule came if I spoke with bank manager he is telling that compensation appointment was not there like that he was replying.How can I proceed to get the compensation job.

please any one give me the solution

Compensation appointment

Learning

13 Replies

Sudhir Kumar, Advocate (Advocate)     24 May 2014

approach higher office.  BM has nothing to do in this.

Srilatha (Housewife)     24 May 2014

Thanks for your reply sudhir I met higher officials and union leader.They were explaining "Compensation appointment rule was removed in bank sector,only particular cases only like terrorist attack while he was in bank then only job will be offered". Whether there is any other way.Is the compensation job rule will change.

G.L.N. Prasad (Retired employee.)     24 May 2014

Service conditions in Banks industry was uniform and are not flexible.When compassionate appointments are not in agreement, this can not  be forced on Management.  However, the bank is free to take their decision considering in giving preference over general category during fresh appointments or some type of outsourcing.

However, you may approach  Branch Secretary of the employee's Union in which your late husband was a member, and seek his help.  He may bring force on Central Union, who is having certainly a say with TOP MANAGEMENT on mutual understanding.

In view of the humanitarian consideration, Unions may certainly help in deserving cases while considering fresh appointments subject to age/qualification criterion or providing opportunity of self employment through their lending schemes.

Anand Bali Adv. (Advocate Solicitor & Consultant)     24 May 2014

I agree with the opinion of the Mr Prasad.

There is no Law by which we can force the Bank appointment resolutions. If there is no clause covering the widows of the service holders it can not be enforced by any means.

For more surety you are advised to go through the Advisory guidelines of RBI for the recruitment of the staff in banks.

Sudhir Kumar, Advocate (Advocate)     24 May 2014

prima-facie compassionate (cot compensatory) appointment is a welfare concession given by govt deptts and undertakings and is not actionable claim. 

If bank is having no such policy then even union cannot help

Dr J C Vashista (Advocate)     24 May 2014

I agree with Mr. Sudhir Kumar  ji.

Even in goverment departments/ PSU/others do not have any law, however, it is a welfare measure for helping out distressed family of deceased employee.

T. Kalaiselvan, Advocate (Advocate)     24 May 2014

I agree with Mr. Sudhir Kumar sir.  The compassionate ground appointment cannot be claimed as a right.  It was a privilege prevailing earlier and these days in the banking sectors, that privilege has become redundant and no union can prevail upon the management for such appointments any more.  However the querist may apply to the CMD of the Bank to consider her case as a special case on humanitarian grounds, who may use his discretionary powers to sanction her appointment under compassionate grounds, try.

narendra.s.p (Chief Manager(Law))     10 June 2014

See Supreme Court Decision in STATE BANK OF INDIA Vs. RAJKUMAR : ON COMPASSIONATE APPOINTMENT  reported in 2010-II-LLJ-669 (SC)

Rangee (Lawyer)     27 June 2014

You have no right to claim the job on compensation grounds just because your husband died. The Bank should be satisfied that you are not position to live without job and you are dire in need of job.It is total disrection of management of Bank after taking into consideration your extreme difficult situation to lead life without job. I agree Mr.Sudheer Kumar Sir, 

Rsksingh

sunil kumar rathore   05 November 2017

I want to know about compensation rule in SBI ...my father died in 2015 ...

sunil kumar rathore   05 November 2017

I want to know about compensation rule in SBI ...my father died in 2015 ...job compensation

Sudhir Kumar, Advocate (Advocate)     29 November 2017

Originally posted by : sunil kumar rathore
I want to know about compensation rule in SBI ...my father died in 2015 ...job compensation

Check with SBI

Sudhir Kumar, Advocate (Advocate)     14 December 2017

nothing underst ood.                  

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register