LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Vinay (Lead S/W engineer)     18 July 2013

Cheating, mental harassment and life threatening by my wife

Just after my marriage on 23rd January 2013, I am being harassed very badly by some unknown miscreant. I, my mother and my sister are getting calls from unknown numbers and the person uses abusive language. He claims to be some x-lover of my wife (Parul) and warns me that if I hurt her or upset her then he will kill me. 

Some of the sentences which he said on phone are:

·         “Mein garib aadmi hoon aur Parul he meri property thi jo ab tere paas hai”

·         “Agar tere ya tere family ke wajah se Parul ke ankh mein aansu aaye to mein tujhe maar dalunga

He calls on my mother’s number and desires to talk with my wife. When not allowed he starts abusing my mother too. Same thing happens with my sister too.

He never uses his mobile number to call. He clones/spoof others number and calls. The person also does Identity Theft and buys SIM card using some fake document.

Wife with her lover conspires, plans and sends different peoples to my office to harm me. The people who come to my office ask me to get downstairs along with them. But I always refused to go downstairs. I don’t know when and where will he come next and attack me. My life is in danger.

I have done complaints in Cyber Police station. According to the investigation, it is confirmed that wife and her lover were behind all this calls and harassments and life-threatening. Wife was in constant touch with him (3-4 hrs./day) even after marriage. We have call records as a proof of this. Even that lover has recharged for Rs 2500 in just 2 months in my wife’s mobile (which was in roaming) just to be in touch.

More than a month back se called wife's parents to explain all the things and then we asked them that we need divorce. They took wife and all her belongings with them. Since then all of them have switched off their cell phones and no contact with them till now. Even all relatives are not responding phone calls.

I want divorce as early as possible. As well as I want all those behind this to be punished severely. Please suggest...

Learning

4 Replies

akrit (teacher)     18 July 2013

The facts that you have depicted herein make a sure case of divorce but you will have to wait for atleast an year before getting a divorce under Indian law. However, I am not sure how your evidence will turn out in the court and suggest that you get a reasoned advice, www.lawkonect.com is one such platform, I have benefitted with their time bound services and their professional yet cooperating staff.

498_final stage (Professional)     19 July 2013

You did right things by recording the calls. Well done. File Divorce on special grounds like this- Talk to your lawyer. you should get it. its a matter of teaching and conspiring

Nadeem Qureshi (Advocate/ nadeemqureshi1@gmail.com)     20 July 2013

Dear Querist

if you have decided that you can not live with her then no need to worry you can file a divorce case against her u/s 13 of Hindu Marriage act read with section 14 of the act for special/exceptional circumstances case.

Feel Free to Call

Shonee Kapoor (Legal Evangelist - TRIPAKSHA)     20 July 2013

How do you say that your wife is involved/

It is best to record all such calls and call the police as and when any miscreants enter your premises.

You can file for Divorce with Sec 14 of HMA. Also you can file for Judicial Seperation, where there is no bar of Sec 14 of HMA.

Regards,

Shonee Kapoor

Yahoogroups: https://groups.yahoo.com/group/sahodar 

If you don't fight for what you want, don't cry for what you LOST.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register