Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Liberta S (Housewife)     13 April 2015

Cheating-loan in 3-4% per year

RESPECTED SIR/MADAM,

I have not given the company name because they should not get alert by seeing the posts after your suggestions i will update the details.

I am in financial crunch now and hence I applied for personal loan from a private finance company in New Delhi . They published their loan offering advertisement in Times of India and mumbai mirror  a few weeks back. As per the adverisement they offer a personal loan at an interest rate of 3% per annum. When I applied they asked for all my details and documents and i mailed them the same. Then they sanctioned a loan of Rs. 600000. They asked me to pay Rs. 5500 as registration charge in private account number. When I paid the amount  they said that their Lawyer will come to my place to make the agreement and disbursement. But nobody came and there was no communication from them. Finally I called them and they said to pay another Rs.20000 for guarantor and stamp duty to initiate the disbursement process. They said that was the final amount to be paid for disbursement. And after the payment they mailed me a letter stating that i have to pay Rs.25500 for insurance and i paid the same.now once again they said that i have to pay rs.15000 for RTGS charges and i refused to pay the same.

I requested them that i will visit their office in Delhi and pay the amount but he refused the same and now i have requested for refund and he said that they will do the same, but i don't believe in them further.

The person has not switched off the mobile and he is communicating with me still today.

I have the mobile number , name ,email id an account number and pancard number.

I am from Mumbai and i got cheated by people in Delhi.

My questions are

1) Should i go to police and complaint? If i complaint police will first shout at me only.. i am in fear of that.

2) Under which category this complaint will fall? and in which area  should i complaint first, Mumbai or Delhi?

3) And even today there are many other adds with same procedure, i want to make awareness to people, what should i do for that, as newspapers will not stop putting ads as they don't verify company's details, they blindly take money.

4) What are the chances for me to get the money back through law?

Please call me if possible on the given number 8793818616.

Thanks

Learning

12 Replies

cyberlawyer (barrister)     13 April 2015

Did you atleast obtain receipts for the payments made ?. If you want to institute proceedings against him , you will have to do that only at the defendant's place, that is in Delhi. You may however appoint a power of attorney to prosecute the case. You should have been careful with these rogues. Collect all evidences and if you dont have proper receipts, start recording phone  conversation. 

Before you availed even 10% of the loan of Rs.6,00,000 they cunningly swindled Rs.51,000 from you. Contact a lawyer before proceeding. 

Kappil Cchandna (Expert Bail & Criminal Defence Lawyer at Delhi Supreme Court of India)     13 April 2015

Sir, Clear case of fraud and cheating .... I believe that they are big scam scheme not only to you but many other companies as well ... Send them a legal notice and file a complaint against them as well .... Warm Regards Kapil Chandna Adv 9899011450

Sudhir Kumar, Advocate (Advocate)     14 April 2015

I have read.  will respond later.

Adv. Chandrasekhar (Advocate)     14 April 2015

You have got the options of filing the criminal case (no court fee), consumer case (no court fee)or civil case (enormous court fee).  The part of transaction (you remited the amount from Mumbai) happened in Mumbai and hence, in criminal case you can file complaint in Mumbai, if it is convenient to you.  As their office is in Delhi and they received the amount in Delhi, you can also file case in Delhi.  But, if you opt to file consumer court case, in the case of consumer court case, you have to file the case only in Delhi.  You give complaint to your area police.  But in such cases they do not show any enthusiasm.  But if you engage a private advocate, you can file a complaint case directly in the court.  But in all these situations, the address of the accused must be a real one.   If he has given a false address or operating only through mobile and internets, to trace him, the police assistance is required. Just by mobile number tracing, it is difficult to pursue the case unless police show sufficient enthusiasm to trace the accused and bring him to book. 

I am in financial crunch now and hence I applied for personal loan from a private finance company in New Delhi . They published their loan offering advertisement in Times of India and mumbai mirror  a few weeks back. As per the adverisement they offer a personal loan at an interest rate of 3% per annum. When I applied they asked for all my details and documents and i mailed them the same. Then they sanctioned a loan of Rs. 600000. They asked me to pay Rs. 5500 as registration charge in private account number. When I paid the amount  they said that their Lawyer will come to my place to make the agreement and disbursement. But nobody came and there was no communication from them. Finally I called them and they said to pay another Rs.20000 for guarantor and stamp duty to initiate the disbursement process. They said that was the final amount to be paid for disbursement. And after the payment they mailed me a letter stating that i have to pay Rs.25500 for insurance and i paid the same.now once again they said that i have to pay rs.15000 for RTGS charges and i refused to pay the same.

It is old saying that a fool and his money do not remain together for very long time. Lakshmi is slso called chanchala.

You kept on paying. You needed a loan for Rs 6 Lakhs and paid nearly 10% to them. Why did you stop in between.  Why did you not pay till last penny in pocket.

Why did you need loan?

Why you could not approach a bank whose branch may be there across the street?

Whether you were not loan worthy for a bank

Whether your project was not loan worthy for a bank.

I requested them that i will visit their office in Delhi and pay the amount but he refused the same and now i have requested for refund and he said that they will do the same, but i don't believe in them further.

Why you believed them earlier. Why should they allow you to visit their office.

The person has not switched off the mobile and he is communicating with me still today.

Nothing stops him from being hopeful for further charity from you. You kind t

I have the mobile number , name ,email id an account number and pancard number.

But you do not have any address. None to indetify

I am from Mumbai and i got cheated by people in Delhi.

How are you sure they are in Delhi.

1) Should i go to police and complaint? If i complaint police will first shout at me only.. i am in fear of that. Yes you should file complaint 2) Under which category this complaint will fall? and in which area should i complaint first, Mumbai or Delhi?

Either of the places Where the advertisement was booked Where you paid money Where you received phone call From where you paid money

3) And even today there are many other adds with same procedure, i want to make awareness to people, what should i do for that, as newspapers will not stop putting ads as they don't verify company's details, they blindly take money.

You just cannot tell a fish that their is a hook behind the bait.  Since you had greed of loan at such impossibly low rate you fell prey.  As long as greed is there in human mind they will continue to be cheated. 

4) What are the chances for me to get the money back through law? Zero. I will be happy to be proved wrong. Please share me the facts if you get even a single penny back.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register