LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

snehamathews (home)     26 January 2014

Cheating

Few months ago, my father took my signatures on blank papers. Recently I discovered a paper in which he had typed 

" I --------- DAUGHTER OF MR-------- SOLEMNLY AFFIRM THAT I HAVE RECEIVED MY SHARE OF PROPERTY AT THE TIME OF MARRIAGE IN CASH AND GOLD, AND IN SUCH I  HAVE NO CLAIM OR OBJECTION OR OPINION TO RAISE AGAINST/ABOUT ,Y FATHER'S MOVABLE OR IMMOVABLE PROPERTY IN FUTURE "

I am 25 yrs old, and am jobless . I AM UN-MARRIED. I have a younger sister, who is also unmarried. We are not married and hence he never gave any property in any form. 
I am greatly depressed by this discovery, as I never thought my father would even think like this. somebody please answer my queries. 

1)I want to know if he has made a will like above, is it valid?? since none of his children are married and nor do his grand children exist. 
2)If he has made the will how can I repel it?? cos am jobless and I dont have money to file a case against him, are there any government lawyers who can take up my case.
3)What I get married and he has really made the will?? how can I say that it was without my knowledge
4) Procedure to repel his claim, and give equal distribution, cos daughters,siblings can claim equal share, can court make him to distribute his property equally? and do sibling get a chance for his property when children exist. 

My father has also sold his father's property, long ago and kept the money he got from it with him self. All the property he has is in his name. My mother is also a working women and he  has bought everything he has with her money also, cos she had higher salary than him, and from her dowry ( which was  more cash, which he used.He deliberately bought less gold for my mother with the dowry amount, and took the cash for him self.. this is 27 years ago). 

PS: my father does not know that I had discovered that paper. Deeply afraid to get married, cos what will happen if my husband dies and am still jobless. And I dont know which daughter he was refering to.And my mom has been giving my father her salary in cash. He say that that she too doent have any right on property. And my father was in contact with a lawyer, when i had signed the paper 

Learning

1 Replies

LegalArrow ( Advocate Bangalore)     27 January 2014

since you have already signed the blank papers, you must appraoch police and give complaint that ur father has played fraud on you and using undue influence, he has got signed blank papers by cheating you. You must get FIR registered.

also appraoch a notary and make an affidavit that on such a such a date you have signed blank papers and the same are not valid since they are made by fraud.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register