Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Richa Dogra (Student)     25 July 2013

Change of father's name in TC

Dear All,

My brother (Abhishek) took admission in a Kendriya Vidyalaya(Chandigarh) in class X (2011).

My father's full name is  Daljit Singh Walia. While taking admission and Tranfer in his previous school he entered father's name by mistake as D S Walia, while all other documents have father's name as Daljit Singh only(including birth certificate). Now when he got his transfer certificate two years back from the previous school, they mentioned father's name in the TC as D S Walia. 

Because of this his new school also issued him a TC after passing class X with the wrong version of father's name. Although CBSE and all other documents have the correct version of the name(Daljit Singh) only.

Now he is in class XII and would passout next year. Now the current school(same as X) is not agreeing to issue TC with the correct version of father's name. 

We have spoken to the previous school, but they are not ready to help. Also the existing school is not willing to change unless the previous school gives either a new TC or a letter. My brother is very tensed because of all this.

Also, note that his CBSE registration was done in the previous school only ( They should've checked  the records before doing the registration).

Can anyone help me in regards to this situation?

regards,

Richa

Learning

1 Replies

Arvind Manghirmalani (Advocate High court Bombay Trained mediator 91-9869617090 9594255075)     27 May 2014

first, you approach state government printing press for publishing change in name in Government gazzette. you have to fill form showing your name with father's name as shown in your TC as a former name and corrected name as adopted new name  and pay publishing fees (less than Rs. 1000/=) . after getting a copy of government gazette showing your name changed, publish the same in two news papers of your locality. thereafter, approach the concerned authorities including former school and present school for recording change.  authorities may ask you to affirm affidavit. In case, school authorities fail to redress your grievance inspite of submitting government gazzeette and two news paper publishing your adopted /new name , approach tCBSEf oard. in case, still you fail to redress your grievance approach to advocate or contact me on 9869617090 

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register