LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Amrita Basak (Student )     31 July 2023

Cancellation of scheduled caste certificate

Dear sir, I have obtained my SC certificate inadvertently, you can say by mistake, in 2017, but I am belonging to a sub caste which comes under other backward class in West Bengal. Now my question to respected lawyers and advocates is that can I get a OBC certificate after the cancellation of Scheduled caste certificate? If yes, then how much time will be needed to this?

Learning

5 Replies

kavksatyanarayana (subregistrar/supdt.(retired))     31 July 2023

The time cannot be said.  But you have to apply for both to the RDO/SDO/JC of the revenue department.  The officer concerned will inquire and take further action.

Dr. J C Vashista (Advocate )     01 August 2023

Surrender the SC /ST certificate and apply afresh.

1 Like

Rama chary Rachakonda (Secunderabad/Highcourt practice watsapp no.9989324294 )     01 August 2023

See if you get your SC certificate then you have applied for it right? Now when you have applied for it, then obviously you must be in the category of SC or else the certificate wouldn't be issued to you. So its for sure that you belong to the category or else how can the Magistrate or the SDO or the authority can issue it. Now why you mean wrongly, is a concern to us. any how you can surrender the certificate to tthe collector and request him by submitting an application  to issue OBC. 

Sudhir Kumar   02 August 2023

What was the motive band applying for SC certificate when you were not SC

Amrita Basak (Student )     02 August 2023

Dear Sudhir sir, honestly speaking at the time of availing SC certificate I didn't have any blood related relative having SC certificate. I contacted a person having SC certificate and same surname (which I have) and he was a resident of the same municipal area. I had a meeting with then backward class welfare inspector and told him all the matters. He suggested me to get a photocopy of his SC certificate along with his any govt ID and apply for SC certificate. This way I got my SC certificate. Now my question is this illegal? Will I have to face any legal consequences?

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register