Upgrad
LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Ram__Kolli (abc)     24 January 2014

Can I file a case against ex-wife for fraud?

Hello, 

I wanted to know if I can file a case against my ex wife after a mutual divorce. Apparently she had a relationship prior to the marriage with another guy but never revealed it to me in 5 months of courtship and she was the one to initiate a matrimonial request. 5 days after the marriage she says she cannot be in the marriage because she was in a relationship and she sent me an email saying if she had to start things over she would have told me right before the marriage. The marriage was never consummated. I have concrete proofs that she broke the marriage because he and his family was willing to accept. Unfortunately it has been a little over 2 years since the marriage but the divorce was granted last month. Is it possible to file a case against her boyfriend as well for following a committed girl? They apparently did it deliberately because she believed she was manglik. I cannot accept the fact that evil has won over good.

thanks 

Learning

7 Replies

Rama chary Rachakonda (Secunderabad/Highcourt practice watsapp no.9989324294 )     24 January 2014

After MCD is over, why do you bother about ex - wife ? Forget past. 

Dr J C Vashista (Advocate)     24 January 2014

As your marriage was not consumated and she had never a relationship (physical) with you, why you want to scratch your head over a past dispute that is already settled.

Although you are right to a limited extent that you want to expose her fidality and character, however, reopening of such a case is not more than mud-slinging, uneconomical, time coming, creating an unnecessary tensiion for yourself (besides herself) and gaining nothing more than tarnishing her image.

No one can stop you from filing a case of cheating and fraud committed upon you.

Biswanath Roy (Advocate)     24 January 2014

SILLY QUERY.  IT WILL BE A LAUDABLE TASK TO PROCEED WITH. ALTHOUGH YOU MAY PROCEED WITH THE ALLEGATION THAT YOUR EX-WIFE AND HER FATHER AND MOTHER JOINTLY AND IN LEAGUE TARNISHED YOUR IMAGE AND AFFECTED YOUR SOCIAL PRESTIGE THAT SPREAD INSINUATION AND SPITTED UPON THE GABARDINE OF YOUR MARITAL STATUS..

T. Kalaiselvan, Advocate (Advocate)     24 January 2014

You can file a case for cheating you against her, her parents for deliberately marrying he with you suppressing the fact material to the marriage, but see how much worth it will be.  are you ready to undergo one more serial of episodes in the name of fresh litigation after having just concluded an ordeal of previous fatigue i.e., divorce. First issue a legal notice seeking compensation  towards damages for her cheating act and then decide about next legal step.

Ram__Kolli (abc)     24 January 2014

Yes you are all right, but please read the attachment from one of her forum postings. Is is not an attempt to murder? If she believed in astrological defects, shouldn't she have revealed it prior to the marriage? More than her I wish to seek punishment for the spineless back-stabber who followed her for 5 months, dealing things in my back. I have mobile phone recordings of his family members that he came to India for my wedding as well. Is punishing him legally possible? I want it to be a lesson for few other people like such. We burn effigies for Ravana, can law not punish such people? All my intention is to keep humanity and Indian traditions alive.

Attached File : 143920641 e1.jpg, 143920641 ma2.jpg downloaded: 308 times

Sudhir Kumar, Advocate (Advocate)     26 April 2014

the problem is that you are lucky that got divorce so easily.

Had your wife put false charegs of 498a on entire family then you were left with no energy to think on these lines.

Dr J C Vashista (Advocate)     26 April 2014

In such a case you must proceed.and teach her a lesson so that none of her family members, relatives friends and acquintences may dare to repeat such a non-sense with some law abiding person. 

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register