Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Rohit (Recruiter)     14 March 2015

Can i face fir on this fb post

Dear, 

Can an action / FIR / Legal proceeding go against me for posting on Facebook.
Is there a law for reference on what could be posted.

Learning

5 Replies

Sudhir Kumar, Advocate (Advocate)     14 March 2015

vague. Nothing understood in one reading. If you level any charges which you cannot prove then defamation can lie.  This can lead you in jail upto 5 years.

Rohit (Recruiter)     14 March 2015

Dear Sir,

Thank you for quick input. 

I have tried to jot down my story of interaction with mall owner and then a opinion of mine about what could be the scenario.

However, I can understand that things can very easily go against me. Its useless to post such things, at least here in INDIA. I hope someday we will see a better nation where person don't have to fight for justice & go through tormenting legal procedures and cost. 

Just as an idea don't you think it could be great if Government pay for legal proceedings and then after the decision is made government can recover this cost from losing party. This way more and more people will come forward to fight for justice. In current scenario many do not go for legal actions even if on right stand due to heavy cost as well as time consumption of procedures.

mahendra limaye (Cyber Legal Consultant)     15 March 2015

If the opposite party takes it otherwise they can certainly take up the matter under section 66 A of I T Act. As far as what can be posted is made clear under Art 19 of constitution which guarantee Freedom of speech and expression with Reasonable restrictions.

BHUWAN RAJ 09839268489 (lawyer)     16 March 2015

Dear 

Read IT Act on your own and then form opinion.

Regards

Bhuwan Raj, Adv

R.G. Singh (Intern)     19 March 2015

Yes and No.

Depends on what you are posting. You can read Offences related to IT ACT, 2000 under chapter 11. Apart from that if there is defamatory publication, IPC sections 499/500 may be sought for remedy.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register