Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

kumar (swe)     06 September 2013

Can i ask for free govt lawyer?

Hi,

I don't have faith in my lawyer and I am not affordable too. Could i ask judge to appoint a free government lawyer to fight my case 304b,498a,DP3&4 from now? what is the Process?

Learning

3 Replies

Augustine Chatterjee,New Delhi (Advocate & Solicitor at Law)     07 September 2013

Respected sir,

You very much have that option. Section 304 of the Crpc gaurantees free legal aid to those seeking state aided representation in courts. As far as civil law goes, there are provisions to that effect as well.

However, mattrimonial cases are usually straining on the parties so dont lose patience and have faith in your new lawyer.

Shonee Kapoor (Legal Evangelist - TRIPAKSHA)     08 September 2013

If you meet the requirements of Legal Services Authority, i.e. being a Scheduled Caste/' Tribe or having income lesser than a particular limit, you can get free lawyer.

Regards,

Shonee Kapoor

Yahoogroups: https://groups.yahoo.com/group/sahodar 

If you don't fight for what you want, don't cry for what you LOST.

ashoksrivastava (scientist)     08 September 2013

Originally posted by : kumar

Hi,

I don't have faith in my lawyer and I am not affordable too. Could i ask judge to appoint a free government lawyer to fight my case 304b,498a,DP3&4 from now? what is the Process?

Any state lawyer will be less trust worthy. Better discuss your financial condition with several good lawyers.I am  sure if you make sincere efforts you will be able to find a good lawyer at lower fees ,in case you really can't afford costlier lawyers.

Regards ASHOK

am  

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register