LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

S. S. Rathi (other)     27 January 2024

Can defendants filed documents in cross examination

Verification of affidavit filed by defendent witness and matter post for his cross examination now he has filed one set is documents

This documents are allowable to file by him at this stage and  honble court exhibits documents at this stage. now matter posted for verification and exhibit of documents filed by him 

I have taken objection as documents not file alongwith affidavit 

Pls giude me 

Learning

8 Replies

T. Kalaiselvan, Advocate (Advocate)     27 January 2024

The documents can be allowed to be filed at this stage also provided an application supported by reasons through an affidavit is filed by the witness.

Thank you very much sir

Even court exhibiting documents filed by defendent in my absence, if I'm unble to present on next date due to an emargency 

Please guide me 

Advocate Bhartesh goyal (advocate)     27 January 2024

Yes,under order 8 rule 1 A(3) CPC defendant can file documents at later stage and court can allow to take on record.

Thank you sir

But how to prolong verification and exhibiting documents of defendants,  till next date if unble to present on this date 

Once you have filed a petition under Order VIII Rule 1 to receive additional documents, the court will follow the procedures to allow your application, that itself will give you time to prolong the issue to some extent.

You can discuss the practical issues with your advocate because it is circumstantial and nothing legal about it. 

Sir I'm plantiff and on this date I'm unable to present and matter posted for exhibit of documents filed by defendent but I want to prolong this time only due to unavoidable circumstances. 

I just want to know whether court exhibiting documents of defendant in my absence??

Filing of documents is different to that of marking the documents as exhibits by the witness during evidence deposition. 

If you are the plaintiff. you would be served with a copy of the petition to receive additional document. 

You will be required to file your objection to the petition filed by them. 

In that case you may seek time from court to file your objection,  the court will grant you time. 

Shashi Dhara   01 February 2024

You can object it but court can allow if they show genine reason for late submission of documents, if you are aggrieved you can appeal it.  i. e.MA

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register