Upgrad
LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

WebMyWorld   10 April 2023

Can commissioner rely certified registrar survey map for carving out shared?

Hi Legal Experts,

Trial court appointed a commissioner to carve out shares as part of the preliminary decree of a partition suit case.

We however have, copies of the survey map for one of the properties which is a land and the map is certified by the registrar. 

The commissioner does not agree to use the certified survey map for carving out shares. This does not seem right.

I have searched online quite a bit, however, did not find any relevant law or judgements to prove this point of view.

Can you help me understand whether this is allowed by law and perhaps provide example of case number of judgement which supports this point of view? 

Learning

2 Replies

Rama chary Rachakonda (Secunderabad/Highcourt practice watsapp no.9989324294 )     10 April 2023

Digital mapping is very much authenticated than others. Data collection from a distance is what remote sensing is all about. Sensors that can produce maps utilizing multiple sectors of the electromagnetic spectrum can be carried by drones, planes, and satellites. One such example is LiDAR. GIS proves to be an essential tool in surveying because precise measurements are needed to create accurate mapping systems.

1 Like

WebMyWorld   14 May 2023

Thank you for your reply.

Appologies, I am not clear with your response. I do understand that you are refering to Digital Mapping via drones. However, what I want to understand is whether the court appointed commissioner can rely on documents such as flat agreements and existing certified survey maps (which I think was physically measured by the offical registry/department) for division of property as by 1/3?

Any help in this regard is highly appreciated.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register