Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Amarjit (Self)     05 November 2013

Buying a house

Dear All,

We have be looking to buy a flat. We got a resale flat and execute a sale agreement with the seller , paid some earnest money too. The seller has informed that the original deed has been misplaced / lost and certified copy of the same was given to be me so that I can apply for loan.  But the bank is insisting to give the original copy of the deed else the loan cannot be sanction.  We have learnt that the process of getting the duplicate deed : the seller (current owner) has to file a FIR with police & then publish in newspapers and re-register  after specific period. The bank have even advised us to stay away from such property as this might turn out to be fraud / disputed property in future.

We like the flat, but would like to avoid any legal issue / dispute in future on the flat as we will be paying a large sum of our saving / earning on acquiring the same.

Please advice us on what are the steps we need to take as buyer in order to avoid any issue or misuse of the original deed (if found) in future.

Learning

2 Replies

Raza Saudagar (Director)     06 November 2013

Hi

I have similiar case under process but relates to a piece of land, where existing owner says he lost his original documents and have got duplicates.

I have asked him to advertise in a newspaper and get an  EC from registration office. Are these two documents enough will it protect my interest?

How i can get assured it is not a fraud?

I really appreciate your prompt and favourable answers.

Thanks

Lokesh (--)     07 November 2013

HI,

I also have similar case under process where the owner of the plot has misplaced previous registry of the plot and have only current registry.  The owner has lodged FIR and given an ad. in the newspaper.  Dealers are, now, insisting me to get transferred the plot in my name.  My question is whether it is sufficient to protect my interest or I should wait for some days.  What is the exact procedure to be followed in such cases.  Thanks.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register