Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

aabir   14 April 2015

Buyer forcing the seller to extend agreement of sale

Greetings Respected Members,

I've got a quick question regarding an Sale agreement I've entered into. 

I've entered into a agreement of sale with a buyer. The agreement was written on a stamp paper with the following terms.

In case the buyer doesn't get the land registered with in 1 month then the token amount of Rs.500000 will be forfeited and if the seller backs out of the deal then he'll have to pay double the token amount. However, a day earlier to the expiry date the buyer has come to me stating that there is some problem with the land and the local goons are being a trouble, they would require more time in order to get this sorted out and get the land registered. We've verbally allotted 1 week of grace period which ends today. 

So the buyers have come to our house today and has tried forcing us to extent the agreement. They've been creating nuisance by visiting our house and threatening us that they'll not let us sell the house to any one else. They also indirectly threatened our lives. How do I go about this, I've got a family and am worried they'd humiliate my family or hurt them physically. They've also got the duplicate keys to the plot.

P.S The agreement was handwritten and didn't have any other terms except for the above.

Your advice is highly appreciated.

Learning

1 Replies

Rama chary Rachakonda (Secunderabad/Highcourt practice watsapp no.9989324294 )     14 April 2015

Send a legal notice to the buyer and mention the reasons clearly for expiration of agreement & get acknoledgement of the same. 

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register