Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

bhavinkshah   22 December 2015

Assurity for claiming late wife's bank balance

Dear Sir,

My wife was working with Nationlised Bank of Baroda and was having salary account in same bank.

She expired 6th July 2013. When I went for the claim I was told that since there is no nominee I have to give surity of two person. Earlier I was told my parents can give the same. I could not give necessary docs and make follow ups as I had joined new company. Later three months back I went with all docs I was asked to give surity of two perosn without blood relation.

I want to understand whether really it is essential that person giving surity for claiming bank balance of expired wife should not be in Blood relation. Can I get legal section for the same.

Regards

Bhavin

Learning

2 Replies

Kumar Doab (FIN)     22 December 2015

Refer to ; RBI; Master Circular on Customer Services; Clause 19 &20 onwards.

and relate with Bank's internal guidelines ofn Deceased Depositir Claim (without nomination in your case) that bank is under obligation to maiantain in branch,website and provide a copy without any cost to claimant.

Bank/banker/BM can not violate these.

jyotirmaya behera (advocate)     22 December 2015

you have the marriage certificate. 1st you have to submit the representation alongwith the marriage certificate. What the reaction of the bank (  branch manager), they well sent you by letter. Same representation you can forward to the ombudsman  and RBI Governor. Ombudsman  or  RBI Governor most sent reply to your representation. Your problem can be solve before the ombudsman.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register