LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

VIJAY KUMAR (SELF EMPLOYED)     15 June 2016

Arguments in consumer court

In consumer court, order is," Opposite party has filed the evidence. Case is now fixed for final arguments." Please guide do I need to file a synopsis (brief) of argument, I am authorised representaive in this Consumer Case(CC). As per Consumer Protection Act Regulations 2005 under 13.Arguments (2) Where a party is represented by a counsel, it shall be mandatory to file a brief of  written arguments two days before the matter is fixed for arguments.

Do I argument directly on the basis of submitted evidence?..............Thanks

Learning

5 Replies

G.L.N. Prasad (Retired employee.)     16 June 2016

Every argument now has become a ritual before District Forum, and very few Presidents / members go through such arguments filed in advance

Just focus on deficiency discussing with evidence points and google for NCDRC decisions on such issues and present them as per relevance.  That is what all one can do

There are several on line forums exclusively dedicated for CP Act.  You may post the case in their on line forum, and still there are many, many good persons that can guide you.

Rama chary Rachakonda (Secunderabad/Highcourt practice watsapp no.9989324294 )     16 June 2016

It is not mandatory.at the time of arguments submit it.court time is precious

P. Venu (Advocate)     16 June 2016

All these forums are now presided over by retired judicial officers. Most of these 'retiratees' are only interested in having good time, not administering justice.

VIJAY KUMAR (SELF EMPLOYED)     16 June 2016

@ Rama Chary Rachakonda............................Sir, one side you are sugesting to file synopsis(brief) of arguments is not mandatory, on the other side noted, " at the time of arguments submit it".........

when it comes to submit, it is clearly mentioned in regulations it should be submiited 2 days before the matter is fixed, moreover would have to send an advance copy to opposite party. Please clarify...............thanks for paying attention

VIJAY KUMAR (SELF EMPLOYED)     16 June 2016

I am handling this Consumer Case(CC) in NCDRC, so you people can get case is quite precious & I am bit cautious don't want to make any mistake now at last stage case of arguments. Till date honourable bench could not get any mistake from my side even being an authorised person in proceeeding like admission of case, rejoinder & evidence submission with advance copy to oppsite party.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register