Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Shweta (Lawyer)     07 May 2009

Applicability of Workmens Compensation Act

Hi all

Can i know if ESI Act is applicable to a company (in this cas I.T. Company) is workmens compensation act  also applicable or is the the Company exempted

Regards

Adv. Shweta Pravbhu

Learning

6 Replies

Madhurima .Nandimandalam (HR Associate)     07 May 2009

Hi Shweta ,

Workmens Compensation act is applicable even on applicablity of ESI . If any injury occurs in an establishment , if the employee is covered under ESI he can avail the insurance benefits from ESI else the employer compensates under the schedules of workmens compensation Act

Regards

Madhurima

H. S. Thukral (Lawyer)     07 May 2009

Section 61 of the ESI Act provides that  When a person is entitled to any of the benefits provided by this Act, he shall not be entitled to receive any similar benefit admissible under the provisions of any other enactment.
In view of above if an employee is covered under the ESI Act and becomes entitiled to a compensation in case of employment injury, he shall have to claim from ESI.

shraddha (employee)     08 May 2009

What is the procedure of getting covered in the ESI ACT for a power plant ?

mahesh pandey (Vice President)     09 May 2009

Dear Shewta,

When provisions of ESI Act is applicable 2 any company then W.C. Act w'll not be applicable.

I agree 2 views of Adv. Thukral.

Tks

mahesh pandey

mahesh pandey (Vice President)     09 May 2009

If the power plant is under ESI covrerage area  then provisions of the ESI Act w'll be applicable . Every Employee drawing a monthly salary / wages up to Rs. 10000/-  has 2 be brought under the ESI scheme.

Tks

mahesh pandey

Prashanth (HR Consultant)     13 January 2012

Hi Folks,

Thanks for the information provided. My doubt has cleared very well.

Thanks to Mr. Thukral Advocate.

Regards,

Prashanth

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register