LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Srikanth   30 January 2024

Apartment maintenance dispute towards various dimensions in the size

I own 2 flats (small 1 BHK) in Basapura bangalore; there is dispute going on with other flats owners and myself; i am asking them to charge price per sqft; they are opposing that; when i told i will legal action; along with builder influence they created a Rs. 100 stamp paper and mentioned terms and conditions one sided.
now i am paying 40% more than price per sqft (instead of around Rs. 900 i am paying Rs. 1300 and on top of they are asking to pay more because, there are couple of flats which are unsold where builder is not ready to pay)

When i spoke to builder
1) I asked builder to provide OC - but he responded stating no OC as this is B Khatha.
2) When i asked builder to form registered association and registered society so that maintenance can be calculated based on price per sqft; he is denying to form because, i need to pay for unsold properties

3) When i asked builder to provide RERA number he is not providing thinking i might complain in RERA.

When i said i am holding my payments until I receive OC and registered association is formed; they are threatning to disconnect water and electricity

Should i send legal notice or complain in the police.

Please guide me. 

Regards

Srikanth

Learning

2 Replies

T. Kalaiselvan, Advocate (Advocate)     31 January 2024

You do not budge to their pressure. 

If they are disconnecting the basic amenitites you can approach court with a suit for permanent injunction and get a stay order against them.

Besides you can approach RERA against the builder with a complaint and get the relief of OC and other issues 

If it is a B khata also, he has to obtain OC provided he has an approval of the building construction from the competent authoruty

Srikanth   31 January 2024

Thank you Sir..

Does every apartment owner have a right to ask for price per sqft for maintainenace right?

Or

Whatever majority of the flat owners says we have to accept?

Also, one day neighborhood property owner called me and complained about conpund wall encroachmen by my our builder When we discussed about this with our builder he modified the compound wall and told us that it is resolved. But not providing any documents or resolution agreement with neighborhood property.

Now i am very much worried that there might be other violations as well. How do i find that. Builder is not providing rera # suspecting that i might dig up that.

What to do now?

Regards

Srikanth 

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register