Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

sagar jadhav (employee)     17 September 2016

Apartment deed

its stand alone building of 9 flats 

I am owner and home loan is going on,tenant is staying in flat and paying maintence 

now my question is

1) I am not getting receipt for mainatence ,asking many times to chairman,no avail

2) what power I have in socity meeting as I m not even called for socity meetings

Learning

2 Replies

Rama chary Rachakonda (Secunderabad/Highcourt practice watsapp no.9989324294 )     17 September 2016

In general terms to become a member of a Residents’ Association you must be contributing to a service charge, which is an amount in addition to the rent and is payable directly or indirectly for services, repairs, maintenance, improvement or insurance and the whole of part of which varies according to the relevant cost.  This should be contrasted with leaseholders who pay a fixed or non-variable service charge: in such a situation, whilst the leaseholder would be entitled to membership of the association, he/she would not be entitled to vote.  The position is the same with sub-tenants.

Landlords are not permitted to become member nor are Management Companies.

Rama chary Rachakonda (Secunderabad/Highcourt practice watsapp no.9989324294 )     17 September 2016

In general terms to become a member of a Residents’ Association you must be contributing to a service charge, which is an amount in addition to the rent and is payable directly or indirectly for services, repairs, maintenance, improvement or insurance and the whole of part of which varies according to the relevant cost.  This should be contrasted with leaseholders who pay a fixed or non-variable service charge: in such a situation, whilst the leaseholder would be entitled to membership of the association, he/she would not be entitled to vote.  The position is the same with sub-tenants.

Landlords are not permitted to become member nor are Management Companies.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register