Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

(Guest)

Anticipatory bail in possible 498

Hi,

I got married 6 months back. It was love marriage against girl's family. Her family took her back to mumbai after a week of our marriage on the pretend to send her back. After taking her back, they started washing her brain against me and my parents. Its been 6 months they have not let us communicate and now they say girl herself do not want to live with me. Girl talked over the phone with my relatives, but not to me. I said I want to talk to her. We are married couple, let us decide what we want to do. But without letting her communicate with me, I will not accept any non-sense statement from you guys ( in-laws).

Now her brother was threatening me to put me n my parents in Jail. Yesterday I received a call from their area police station that my wife has file application, so I along with my parents and brother are required to come there. I checked with my lawyer, he says do not go. Because they will convert this application into FIR and put in jail in 498 case which non-bailable. So before that I should file for RCR notice and get anticipatory from their police station. 

Can anyone help me to file for AB in mumbai vikhroli police station, will I get AB ? What to do now...plz help

Learning

2 Replies

Q Slinger (NA)     13 July 2014

You cannot get AB in a police station. You will have to approach Sessions court or High Court to get the AB.

Also, with the new SC order, arrest of people other than Husband is very unlikely...however, AB is much better option. Get your lawyer to get you one.

Also, please read pre-498a survival kit, available on the net. Google search it. Join Save Indian Family group. They will be of great help with giving you appropriate suggestions.

https://www.saveindianfamily.in/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=131&Itemid=431

T. Kalaiselvan, Advocate (Advocate)     14 July 2014

Your lawyer has properly advised you to obtain AB before visiting the police station even for formal investigation.  The corrupt police, despite strict rulings by supreme court or even from the God who created them, they will continue to indulge in such drastic actions against the innocent 498a victims, nobody can make them alright.  You can send the legal notice asking her to return to her matrimonial house simultaneously.  For some good lawyers in your jurisdiction, you may search for one through this LCI data base itself.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register