Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Amend name in service book

Page no : 2

(Guest)
Originally posted by : Madhusudhan Rao
My mother hasn't submitted the application yet but today(31/08/2017), the UDC handling the pension process indicated that the discrepancy may lead to rejection.
He ruled out any modifications to the service book. He instead suggested modifying my mothers name in all other documents(Aadhaar, PAN, Legal Heir Certificate, Bank pass book etc.) to match with what is mentioned in service record.

Mr. Madhusudan Rao,

Working on the basis of the concerned departmental authorities of the pension section may help you getting the family pension sanctioned at the earliest possible, instead of getting your case complicated by getting confused by varied response at this site, as yours is a procedural problem, not a legal problem, when even no application for pension has yet been made by your mother..

You may like to be aware of the fact that for family pension, no nomination is required to be made by the employee. It is a right of the widow to get family pension after his death. For required documents, even the prescribed application for pension would prove to be a guiding factor to you for preparing a perfect case for family pension.

Madhusudhan Rao   31 August 2017

Thank you very much Dhingra ji.

(Guest)

You are welcome Mr. Madhusudan Rao.

P. Venu (Advocate)     31 August 2017

The UDC is not the ultimate authority in sanction. It is sufficient that your mother submit the application in the prescribed proforma Form 18 of the CCS(pension) Rules. The Head of the Office is duty bound to process the same get the family pension sanctioned in a time-bound manner. 

Strictly speaking, the family of the deceased Goernment servant need not be concerned or bothered about the particulars furnished by the said Government servant until and unless the Head of the Office or any any competent authority seeks any clarification, in writing. 

(Guest)
Originally posted by : Ramesh Singh
Respected Mr. Dhingra Sir, me noted your inputs and will consider on same for further. Thanks,
Hope we can successfully close this thread now.

Mr. Ramesh Singh,

Nothing personal. The intention is to guide and advice rightly to the querist. The thread may be taken as closed on my part, if nobody else raises any controvery about my post, which may need any clarification on my part.

(Guest)

@ Shri P. Venu,

If you don't mind, here the question is of knowledge based guidance to the querist, not the authority to sanction pension. Some times an experienced subordinate, may he be a UDC, by virtue of his practical working experience of much longer years under several officers knows much more and better than the sanctioning authority.

Sudhir Kumar, Advocate (Advocate)     01 September 2017

It is now only he stated whaqt dealing officials have stated.  I tend to agree with what th edealing clekr said.  H emya not be the sanctioning authority but he seems to be well aware of the rule and procedure and guided correctly.

You may choose t insult him and expect for undue favour from higher ups which will nto be there.

The matter of fact is that with the name being different in service book and in adhar /pan card she is least likely to get even a penny.

(Guest)
Originally posted by : Sudhir Kumar
It is now only he stated whaqt dealing officials have stated.  I tend to agree with what th edealing clekr said.  H emya not be the sanctioning authority but he seems to be well aware of the rule and procedure and guided correctly.

You may choose t insult him and expect for undue favour from higher ups which will nto be there.

The matter of fact is that with the name being different in service book and in adhar /pan card she is least likely to get even a penny.

Of course, we should not under-estimate the really practically experienced officials. They can be much more helpful in solving the problem than an officer, who randomly gains some experience by virtue of having been put to position for a limited peried on turn. Most of the officers are put to position by bringing them from other but different portfolios, though may not be having even a day's experience of the subject matter. Even if some person approaches the positioned officer, he often directs him to meet the concerned dealing hand.

(Guest)
Originally posted by : Ramesh Singh
May I request to you to close the thread??
Both of you don't know about the procedure.
Me R. Singh already did. & plz do not asked anything.
Simply close it.

Mr. Ramesh Singh,

If in one case, any department has obliged you out of the way to adopt your procedure without caring for the prescribed Pension Rules that does not mean that your procedure is correct. Any affidavit, as you suggested, can be valid in a court case, but not in departmental activities as against the statutory rules. Since you declared both of us not knowing the procedure and if you are so confident about correctness of your procedure, you may be kind enough to quote any pension rule or Government of India's decision for the guidance of the querist, if not for any of us. However that may also help us to know where we were wrong.

Even in this case, at first, you were unable to understand even the spirit of question that pertained to initial sanction of pension for the widow. You were not even able to distinguish between the (1) original pension to the employee, (2) arrear of undrawn pension accummulated by the pensioner or family pensioner, and (3) the sanction of family pension.

Secondly, you misconceived the case to be as a aclaim of arrears of pension of the deceased employee, when no pension was sanctioned to him.

Thirdly, you are in a sheer misconception if you believed that any name can be changed in servicebook of the deceased employee by anyone after the death of the employee OR family pension can be sanctioned in any name, other than the name of wife already intimated by the deceased employee. Authentic proof, not affidavit, can work in sanction of family pension.

Madhusudhan Rao   02 September 2017

Thanks to everyone for your constructive suggestions. This will certainly help us. We can close this thread.

(Guest)

Although I am a learner (jigyasu), but fully aware of rules and regulations on pension. So, I had been watching the responses. I could find that the responses of Mr. Dhingra, Mr. P. Venu and Mr. Sudhir Kumar were going towards the right direction for the guidance of the querist, Mr. Madhusudhan Rao. Although the title of the topic was not correct, but on account of the descripttion of his query, I hope he would have got the right solution to his problem with the opinions of all these three gentlement.

Of course, please don't mind, the answer of Mr. Ramesh Singh was quite misleading that being not relevant to the nature of the problem. But, I am astonished to note that he tried to declare the aforesaid experts as ignorant of rules and regulations by claimed himself to be correct,. Probably, he forgot that--

-- the query pertained to amendment of name in the service book of a deceased employee;

-- amendment was sought to be made or proposed by the heirs of the deceased employee;

-- the employee deceased during his service period and never applied for amendment of name of his wife in his service record maintained by and kept in custody of his employer;

-- Question of sanction of pension in the name of employee did not arise, having not yet retired;

-- Question of arrears of pension could not arise, when no pension was sanctioned;

-- the widow was yet to make initial application for sanction of family pension;

-- the widows own personal identification documents could not match with the name appearing in the list of family members communicated by the employee to his employer;

- The concerned dealing hand UDC was also right in his advice.

So, it is really surprising how Shri Ramesh Singh claimed his procedure for claim of arrears of pension to be correct, as against the desired procedure for the initial sanction of family pension to the widow after reconciliation of her name? 

I AM IN FULLY AGREEMENT WITH THE RESPONSES OF SHRI DHINGRA, SHRI P VENU AND SHRI SUDHIR KUMAR.

Kumar Doab (FIN)     02 September 2017

Agreeing wih Mr. P.Venu, Mr. Sudhir Kumar.....

Retain rapport, goodwil with  UDC that is helping the spouse of deceased employee, get the job done, and pay thanks and regards.

P. Venu (Advocate)     04 September 2017

If it is  the widow of the deceased Government servant cannot  get her lawful benefits unless she (and her family)  succumbs to the machinations of a dealing assistant in the concerned Office, there is no need for any Laws in this country or any forums or experts to make suggestions as to the legal course open to such hapless persons.

(Guest)
Originally posted by : P. Venu
If it is  the widow of the deceased Government servant cannot  get her lawful benefits unless she (and her family)  succumbs to the machinations of a dealing assistant in the concerned Office, there is no need for any Laws in this country or any forums or experts to make suggestions as to the legal course open to such hapless persons.

Venu Sir,

If you don't mind, please clarify whether the widow would not be able to get her pension dues due to difference in name on office records of the employee and her ID proof?

(Guest)

No clarification to my query for the last 6 days by the expert denotes that widow of the deceased employee cannot be denied pension merely with minor difference in name. But certainly there can be a set procedure that has to be observed before finalisation of the claim.

However, it is advisable for the querist to do as advised by the pension office of the deceased.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register