Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Alimony case : need advice

Page no : 2

Reformist !!! (Other)     25 January 2016

Contradictions have come out as far as i have read. First you wrote your parents live in rented accomodation and then you wrote, that you have no house to live in (now parents house is not consider mine). 

That means either your parents has a house or not. First decide that. As per the Hindu Succession act, 2005 you have equal right in your parents house as your brother has. Moreover, if your parents were/are living in rented accomodation how can they spend 40 lakhs on marriage (when a house can be bought in 40 lakhs). I doubt. Anyways, you have to prove this in court of law that expenditure was of 40 lakhs. Even if you prove that, then marriage expenses are not returned to you as per the law.

You have asked straighaway question on money, that is the reason learned members here have taken this post as extortion of money from husband which is the modus operandi in most of the matrimonial cases these days.

If you are educated and capable to earn, i feel you want to be a burden on everyone. I would advise you to stand for yourself and start earning. It would help you in longer run. Rest decision is yours, as we can only advise. 

Moreover, if you want to remarry after alimony. then alimony is for maintenance and for lifetime. Dont use such statement of remarrying in court as it may go against you that you married only for money.

Your kid will be your responsibility once you remarry cos if your 2nd husband does not adopts the kid legally, then you have to bear the kids responsibility. For one time alimony you can prey to the court, it's judge discretion how much amount he decides only if you win the case. If cruelty is not proved, no alimony no divorce will be granted.

Above all if you feel 25k is less for kid, i feel then you must start earning for the bright future of your kid. Your final argument that you won't work will not stand in court of law as you are an educated lady and to develop our country, every educated person should work for his/her nation and family.

1 Like

Sidharth   25 January 2016

Best suggestions by Mr Reformist

I also don't understand why you don't want to work!!

Work and earn yourself for honourable life. You will get nothing in court

Neha Jain   25 January 2016

I did distance learning couse and it's about more than 5 years since i complete my education. I never did job. Who will give me the job? and who will manage my child if i do job. Girls leave job for their child if both are working. And don't tell me my parents will manage my child. And i don't understand why i have to sacrifice for all the things. Husband kuch ni karega sab ladki kare. Husband ne chahe jo kiya vo sab sahi. 40 lakh ki demand ki dowry ki vo bhi sahi. Bas mein galat hun coz mein ladki hun. I don't need any more suggestions. I will have my lawyer n fight for my right. Mein paise maang rhi to u all say extort money. Dowry par koi kuch ni bolta. Aur arrange marriage without dowry ni hoti. Yahan jitne log comment kar rhe hai unhone li bhi hogi aur di bhi hogi. Bas bolne se mtlb hai.

kumar B Kumar (service)     25 January 2016

Coin always has two side.

Another contradiction. 1st u said 40 lacs were spent on marriage and now u say 40 lacs were demanded from you. You are acting like a typical lier and changing your statements in every sentence. Labors who work in households have no degre, u still have a distance education degree. You can be a young entrepreneur. In a house where both husband and wife works, who manages the kid? Ok, if anyone give u a job, will you do it? May be if your husband get you a job officially through court, will you deny doing it? Who told you to sacrifice? If you think doing a job for good upbringing of your kid is a sacrifice, its better than you hand over the custody to husband. Don't try to use your husband as a ATM machine, using your kid as a pawn. Men are humans too and being equal he should enjoy the custody of kid if he is paying or if he pays. Who said arranged marriages do not happen without dowry? Don't presume. 

1st decide whether 40 lacs were spent on marriage or 40 lacs were demanded? And then prove the same, you will get to know whether marriages happen without dowry or not.

(Guest)

you can go file and fight if you think you are right.. everyone here has given best opinion now its your duty what to do... n its you who has to go throught this phase.. i will really apprecaite you if you can stand for yourself and fight for your right....

kumar B Kumar (service)     26 January 2016

Neha G , my wife first filed a fake dowry case. I want to tell you, i did arrange marriage without any dowry.my inlaws gave me a car in the name of her daughter. There is no name of her husband . It is ok no issue on that. Now my wife dont know what is family. Now she always use abusive language for my parents and my brothers.now she is demanding 25 lakh for settlement. Is it justified. Most of the people dont know what is family. Agar ek baar dhaga tut jata hai to usmain gaanth lag jaati hai. Ese sirf aurat hi bana sakti hai. Usko hi sacrifice karna padta hai. Husband ko payar se samjhana padta hai. Starting main jisne ye samajh liya vo zindagibhar sukoon se jita hai or sab kuch uska hota hai. Parents dont know that their children will take care or not.but they sacrifice every thing for them. Baaki meri salaha yehi hai aapna aatitude badlo or pati ko payar do. Baaki ur life ur decision. Or haan agar want to leave ur husband then just leave.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register