Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Sanniv (Consultant)     02 September 2017

Advise on legal steps on wrong bill from mobile operator

Hi,

I am looking for advise in legal steps against Mobile Operator for overcharging mobile bill.

I have already appealed to Appellate authority of this Mobile Operator to send me proper bill but they are reluctant to do so. 

Problem happened when I was about to PORT from this mobile operator in July 2017, and they offered me better plan of Rs 349+taxes in which they promised that everything including calls (local+STD), internet, sms will be unlimited, I did ask them to email me plan details, but they never did and this month I got the bill of Rs 1627 (inclusive of Rs 250 something as gst). When I contacted them about this, they said that data was not unlimited and after particular usage there were extra charges and they refused to correct the bill.

I need to know if there are legal steps against this fraud. please advise, I am fine for legal expenses but I don't want to give in to this kind of fraud.

Thanks.

Learning

9 Replies

Kumar Doab (FIN)     02 September 2017

Usually the plan offered contains; data limit say  20Gb with better speed say ………….kbps after which speed shall revert back to say……….kbps.

If the offer contain was unlimited internet usage on such parameters then the beyond 20Gb should not have been charged.

Hope you have the call recordings or atleast the call logs to establish your contentions.

It is a recalcitrant attitude and recurrent problem of such recalcitrant entities in such unscrupulous operators that nothing shall be supplied in writing.

More so the calls are landed at call centers that are third parties and call are recorded and they are adamant that NO written communication shall be supplied and for even any default of operator or call center, the call center or operator will not write on its own, and customer has to send written communication.

The call centers are assigned to third parties to transfer the onus to call center in case of dispute. ( Apna nazlaa call center per jhaar dain).

If you have call recordings with you, make use of it.

You may persist upon call center to refer to the call recordings and that you were offered unlimited internet usage…..

They may do the correction as operator shall not spare call center for any penalty, punishment.

You may try by writing to call center (you can succeed to get their address, email, phone number etc ). We succeeded in such matters in case of M/s Airtel and matters were resolved with verbal apology on phone/recorded lines, by center head and Regional Heads in Local office at many locations.      

In days of tough competition, more so with entry of Jio and other operators even BSNL/MTNL greatly improving the service and offers everyone in sales and support is wary of losing customers.

If you are member of  Residents Welfare associations, employees' unions any forums that is united the opertaor can easliy sense quantum of loss and may act ASAP to resolve the matter.

If you wish you may mark copies/write to TRAI,DoT........

This may help.

You may persist upon call center to provide call recordings, which they will not supply, however in court of law say; DCDRF, they may bring it.

At your location you may approach a very able senior LOCAL counsel of unshakable repute and integrity specializing in consumer matters having successful track record.

Visit DCDRF and inquire.

Check in person for the senior LOCAL expert.

NO lawyer worth his salt may approach you for case.

Avoid posting your personal details at online portals and avoid  exposing yourself to unscrupulous elements also ;posers, impostors, posing as some highly expert lawyer and by pasting the picture of some entity looking as a very Old man, sick, serious but the entity may be indeed LIAR ( Not a Lawyer)  and firm that IT shamelessly advertises at LCI be LIAR's firms ( Not a Law Firm) and picture may indeed be of a very sick, frustrated ( Preshaan) old man (Budha) .............. Loitering at LCI to allure the unsuspecting querists to allure and fleece them..............'  

Such poser and impostor may be willing to come to your doors.......................but may not be lawyer but a LIAR, and a habitual abuser....................littering IT's trademark Tamashaa now and then everywhere,.....................DAILY..........  

If you wish to search in  lCI databank you may search at:

https://www.lawyersclubindia.com/top_members_list.asp

https://www.lawyersclubindia.com/top_members_list.asp

at;  

https://www.lawyersclubindia.com/lawyers_search/  

G.L.N. Prasad (Retired employee.)     03 September 2017

First think for a while, whether this problem really needed a case before comptent court, as the amount involved appears petty.  Just switch to another service provider.  File a complaint to TRAI  and also lodge this as grievance in pgportal of TRAI.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register