LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

manju (abc)     23 October 2013

Adultery case

We filed a MCD. Now after listening to her parents she does now want to give divorce and wants me to fight.

Now she is linking that I had an love affair with a friend of mine after 1 month after marriage and was troubling her. Also she claims that she came to know that that the frd is divorced now and I am planning to get married to her and that is the reason she does not want to give divorce. How valid is this and also can she file a adultary case against me? Please let me know your thoughts. Thank you.

Learning

3 Replies

(Guest)

In MCD both spouses have their own rights to withdraw the petition or call off the second motion...as their is no Binding of law on this issue. ..that's what Irbm is sneaking in next winter session. .starting from 5th dec.2013.

For her assumptions and astrology on Adultery .......she can only give you greeting cards of diffrenet diferent s*xual poses...

Bro.....proving adultery is like proving corruption in India.;)

Now you think in your way.......as I have hinted you.

T. Kalaiselvan, Advocate (Advocate)     23 October 2013

Mr. Sufferer is right in suggesting you the proper way for your approach in your case. If at all she is withdrawing from MCD, with the leave of the court immediately you file a divorce case on the grounds of cruelty by including the present MCD also as a ground of cruelty against her.  See where the fault lies, if there is a chance to save your marriage, please do it soon without waiting for somebody to push you through it.

manju (abc)     23 October 2013

First of all, Thank you very much for your active participation in these forums and give detailed information. 

Yes, I do understand it is difficult. But after MCD, in laws have kept in some detective to access my gmail, track my calls, follow me,track credit card bills, etc. They claim to have some intimate photographs/travel details of some trip, and using all these weapon to prove this. So even though extreme case if they prove, what will be  outcome? (Please note that the gf is divorced now)

I understand this adul. case can only be filed by the husband and since my gf is divorced now, I don't think this is possible? right?

My wife could use this and mention that because of this relationship, I was not taking care and could file a DV. right?

Please let me know if they could file any other cases? Of course dowry is by default and since my marriage has been more than 7 yrs I doubt the effect is high and I have also not got anything.

Just because she thinks I am planning to get married to my gf she does not want to give divorce? How does the court see this? She also tells me she is ready to live even I have other relationship, but I do not want to continue just for the sake of marriage without any love and affection (its a arranged marriage)

Please guide me. Thanks!

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register