LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Abhijit Kolte (General Public)     11 October 2011

About khalsa land

I am about to buy 5 acre agriculture land in Dapoli taluka, Ratnagiri District, Maharashtra. The 7/12 extract of the the property mentions that the land is khalsa. The agent says that khalsa means clear and no extra permisson is required to buy the land and it will be a clear transcation. However, I am confused. I read somewere that khalsa land is actually owned by the governmanet and it cannot be sold without explicit permission from the collector. Am I right?

What is Khalsa land. Can I buy the above property. If so, what are the extra permissions required. Is it safe to buy such land, keeping the future in mind.

Learning

2 Replies

sa (owner/ dirrector/ consultant)     06 May 2012

Dear Abhijit , kindly chek 7/12 and take all previous entries .

it seems you have read on some website about khalsa word related to land , its better

you enquire local revenue authority for the same , crosschek at talathi and tahsildar level .

thanks

MUKESH (Legal Consultants)     10 October 2013

Dear Abhijit,

Please note the following about Khalsa land.

The lands of which inami / vatan rights are abolished are known as Khalsa lands, even though they are in private possession. The holders of such land cannot sale khalsa lands without prior permission of Govt. The State Govt. can permit sale only after recovering appropriate value (Nazarana) from the seller as determined by the collector, and not otherwise.

It is advisable for purchaser that where the charge of Govt. is mentioned as Khalsa in 7/12 extract, he should verify & confirm that the permission for sale & transfer is obtained from the Collector and appropriate value (Nazarana) is paid to Govt., prior to transaction.

I hope above shall meet your requirements.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register