LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Rishabh (student)     30 July 2014

Wrongdoing by a telecom company

A particular telecom company sent me an inflated bill, no, a highly inflated bill of nearly 18 thousand rupees, before this for the past 1 year since I have been with them, my bills were always in the range of 1300-1700 rupees! I have been in communication with them since the last 6 days now and till today there were always giving me different versions of it. The day I received the bill, my health worsened on getting a shock, my heart is weak and I have neurological issue which resulted in getting panic attacks and difficulty in breathing. 2 days back, i was told that they agree that there was some issue with the bill and that they will need a maximum of 48 hours to clearly resolve the case, few hours back I got a call from them stating that the fill is fine and the response they gave were absolutely ridiculous, on top of that they said, that they will send me extra bills for the earlier months whose payments I have already done, they say that they NOW realized that those bills were wrong and that new bills will be made and I will have to pay them. This is pure mental harassment and causing mental agony and a clear criminal fraud case. What should I do ? Under which sections of IPC should I book them ? I can book them under multiple sections ??  PLEASE HELP!!! 

Learning

2 Replies

Kumar Doab (FIN)     30 July 2014

Did you obtain complaint number and did you record all statements of the company that you have posted?

Submit a complaint to Nodal Officer/appellate authority demanding explanation of queries raised by you citing complaint number.

You can also issue notice to MD of the company and pull them to DCDRF.

It shall be appropriate to approach a local lawyer dealing in consumer cases at your location and proceed under his expert advice.

Rishabh (student)     30 July 2014

I have asked them to provide me with my complaint number, i will submit my complaint to the Nodal Officer and Appellate Authority. But what if I get a negative response from there too ? What should be my next course of action ??

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Recent Topics

View More