Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

keerthi   10 October 2015

Urban land ceiling act

Hi All,

I am from chennai and we purchased a land near Okkiam thoraipakkam in 1986 and purchased land was 2500 sq ft. it was registered on my mother name and we do have all documents with respect to land expect Patta. 

When we tried to reach village officer for Patta, he said that our land has been acquired under URBAN CEILING ACT in 1997 and it has been said that we own 11 grounds of land wherein we do have only 1 ground (2400+ sq ft).  

11 grounds was owned by the person who sold the land to us, it has been partitioned (1A,1B,1C etc) by him and sold to different people like us and we purchased only 1 ground.

I tried to check what urband ceiling act and on what basis govt can acquire it, based on my knowledge it has been defined that if any person who is having surplus land more then what he should then govt can acquire it. i really dont know why govt acquired our land under urban ceiling act.

Can someone guide us to proceed further on this issue? Is there anyway to get out of this issue?

Learning

3 Replies

adv.raghavan (Advocate,9444674980)     10 October 2015

Mutation of records would not have happend,at that time. revenue authorities would have tried to contact  you people  if you had done mutation of records accordingly since you have failed to do that , reveue authorities  issued notice to your sellers  and they should have informed you about this development, which they have failed. If i am right  a G O WAS PASSED IN THE YEAR 1998 FOR ACQUISITION OF LANDS, under URBAN LAND CEILING ACT.You can contact Assistant commissioner -Kanchipuram (ULT) for further help.

keerthi   19 June 2016

Thanks Raghavan Sir for your reply we have been enquirig wtih alandur and chepauk ULT office for many years now, but no luck. How to proceed further on this issue?

Should we file a case, is that only solution?

adv.raghavan (Advocate,9444674980)     19 June 2016

Inform me about process done  sofar then we  can take forward.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register